Federal Employee Mandatory Vaccines

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you got vaxxed in January then you are due for the booster. If you have not gotten it, you will be placed in the "unvaccinated" category with the rest of us deplorables, and the mandate *will* apply to you.

if you have gotten the booster, then you are on the clock for your next 6 month interval.

Not based on what the Department, my Agency and our Area Chief Medical Officer has told us . . . I'm not in the age group and don't have chronic medical issues that states I need to get the booster after 6 months. Sure, I'm eligible to get it because I work in an agency that provides healthcare and he's going to recommend that all who are "eligible" to get it should get it.

Based on an email notification from both HHS and IHS, our directive was to be fully vaccinated (get at the single dose or two doses) by October 1. Fully vaccinated means that you have received two doses of COVID-19 vaccine in a two-dose series, or one dose of COVID-19 vaccine in a single-dose.

I currently meet those requirements.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You cant renew your CAC from home. You'll have to enter base/bldg. to do that.

I mean, if you want to split hairs, you are correct. I use a PIV card though and it’s good for another 3 years. So I guess I’m 99.999999% remote, if you want to count having to renew my card every 4 years? And like someone else said, the option to renew online is still there but I’m too lazy to look to see If I can.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been that way for us within HHS for quite some time. Why do you think that would change?

It could be a back-door effort to get people to submit to vaccination. “We’re no longer letting you renew your certificate remotely. You must go to an approved facility to get your card renewed. Oh, that means you need to be vaccinated to enter the facility. Gee, imagine that!”

Shakel65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I mean, if you want to split hairs, you are correct. I use a PIV card though and it’s good for another 3 years. So I guess I’m 99.999999% remote, if you want to count having to renew my card every 4 years? And like someone else said, the option to renew online is still there but I’m too lazy to look to see If I can.
Its not splitting hairs. You will have to return to base for something at some point. That is why "teleworkers" have to get the jab as well.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its not splitting hairs. You will have to return to base for something at some point. That is why "teleworkers" have to get the jab as well.
I mean you stated that I’m not 100% remote when I am in fact 100% remote. I went ahead and looked it up and I am eligible for remote renewal when it’s time so at this point I likely will not be returning to a federal facility for many years to come.

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, so kroberts is either 100% telework, or damned close to it. (I intend no disrespect)
This back-and-forth isn't helpful. I also telework from home, but that's not useful to others.

Regarding how to handle the Fed Mandate -
Anybody else have any good tips/experiences/strategy/success stories?

GunSlingingPlatypus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, so kroberts is either 100% telework, or damned close to it. (I intend no disrespect)
This back-and-forth isn't helpful. I also telework from home, but that's not useful to others.

Regarding how to handle the Fed Mandate -
Anybody else have any good tips/experiences/strategy/success stories?
I submitted my request for Religious Accommodation last Thursday. It went to my supervisor who then sent it to HR. I am still waiting for an answer back.

Top Bottom