Federal HST 150 micro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally, I carry the cheapest name brand hollow points I can find at the counter. Never bought into the extra special "defensive ammo" thing. I don't find myself shooting the fancy ammo at the range because it's so dang expensive and instead usually just buy some regular ammo instead. Plus, the HSTs and Gold Dots and whatnot come in 20 round boxes or something like that so you have to drop some serious coin to get a few mags worth of practice. Total ripoff if you ask me.

If you've got quarters coming out of your ears, then I'm sure you get lots of practice at the range using the same ammo you carry.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally, I carry the cheapest name brand hollow points I can find at the counter. Never bought into the extra special "defensive ammo" thing. I don't find myself shooting the fancy ammo at the range because it's so dang expensive and instead usually just buy some regular ammo instead. Plus, the HSTs and Gold Dots and whatnot come in 20 round boxes or something like that so you have to drop some serious coin to get a few mags worth of practice. Total ripoff if you ask me.

If you've got quarters coming out of your ears, then I'm sure you get lots of practice at the range using the same ammo you carry.
I buy my Federal LE 147gr HST in 50 round boxes.

Sent from my KFAUWI using Tapatalk

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Couple of examples to consider. SGAmmo --- Federal HST 124gr +p $19.95, 124gr standard $18.95 per 50 rd box.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Couple of examples to consider. SGAmmo --- Federal 124gr +p $19.95, 124gr standard $18.95 per 50 rd box.

I actually live like 10 minutes away from their warehouse. They still charge shipping, which sucks, but they offer 50% off shipping to OK residents on purchases of 200 bucks or more. Wish I could just drive down there and pick up an order.

Latest posts

Top Bottom