Federal Introduces New .30 Super Carry Ammunition

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a reloader, this is going to royally piss me off during brass prep and separation. As a shooter, I'm interested. If you keep the round close to 9mm ballistics and able to drop two additional rounds in say a P365 or a Hellcat, I see benefits.

Most of us that invested in 9mm, invested heavily. That's going to be hard to steer someone away from. I have a decent supply of 9mm weapons. I can't see swapping them over to this caliber (all of them) as it would be a huge cost.

When I invest in a caliber, I'm looking towards the future. Brass and bullet availability, what governments will issue this caliber. I don't see this yet with the 30 Super Carry.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
As a reloader, this is going to royally piss me off during brass prep and separation. As a shooter, I'm interested. If you keep the round close to 9mm ballistics and able to drop two additional rounds in say a P365 or a Hellcat, I see benefits.

Most of us that invested in 9mm, invested heavily. That's going to be hard to steer someone away from.

When I invest in a caliber, I'm looking towards the future. Brass and bullet availability, what governments will issue this caliber. I don't see this yet with the 30 Super Carry.

don’t worry. This 30sc won’t take off, It’s priced the same as 380acp. 9mm is here to stay for a long long time especially since I doubt any Government agencies will adopt the new round.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Nope.
No better than a 9.
Do they have nothing better to do with their time.
Maybe there is a ton of money in something new.

they should have just focused time and materials on pumping out larger numbers of common ammunition instead of developing a new cartridge. Really bad timing.

ricco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on the number of available pistols, amount of available cost effective ammo, a good selection of holsters and continued marketing. If S&W (and others) and Federal (and others) are willing put their 30 SC products in the stores at good price points there is no reason it shouldn't be at least somewhat successful.

Will it supplant the 9mm, no.

The most problematic issue I see is ammo availabilty. Why buy a pistol that you can't get ammo for and if you do find it, it's more expensive than it's 9mm big brother.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope.
No better than a 9.
Do they have nothing better to do with their time.
Maybe there is a ton of money in something new.

If the ballistics are nearly equal to 9MM as they say they are and you can fit more rounds into the same space, seems to me that alone would be an improvement.

I'm not ready to jump on the bandwagon, but I can certainly see where this would be appealing to some people. Lighter, smaller, higher capacity guns, with the performance of a 9MM, with easy to manipulate slides (due to lighter recoil spring)...seems like a lot to like there.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Better be way less effort to manipulate the slide.
I have seen girls not be able to operate the slide even on very light sprung ones.
I would lay money it is only a couple pounds lighter.

I always thought how many rounds are you really going to be shooting at the bad guy.

Lighter and smaller is good sometimes and other times it is not like the Ruger LCR 38 special.
I had the joy of shooting and reloading for one of those . That thing hurts the hand every time you pull the trigger.

My friend got it for his wife and she hates to pull the trigger on it. He hates it also.

But I suppose it will not be that light and many people feel they need more rounds.
I guess I do not hang out in places where I feel I need to even carry a gun.

I need one in the woods hunting and 1 shot gets the job done.

I wonder how many people here have emptied their gun on a bad guy.
Not people in law enforcement.

How many hits did you get? How many in a Vital.

Now if it is a very accurate weapon I am all for it.
Accuracy is all i really care about.
A .22 LR to the throat, eye or ear will end the battle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom