Federal Judge Blocks ATF Rule.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The ATF has really been getting their asses handed to them in the courts lately...and I expect it's gonna continue judging by some of the reasoning for a few of the court rulings.

They also lost on bump-stocks, again, just a few days ago. And, they decided not to appeal it. So the ban on bump-stocks is virtually dead. The circuit court remanded the case to the lower court and ordered that court to find for the plaintiffs, essentially.

I wonder how many people destroyed or otherwise disposed of property they legally acquired, at substantial cost, based on that illegal ban? On the other hand, I think a lot of people who owned bump-stocks pretty much just told the ATF to pound sand...and kept their "banned" bump-stocks.

Old Noob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good because, I like building these damn things.

Attachments

• DSCF5549.JPG
    DSCF5549.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 0

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now, is the injunction for the entire US or just the federal court’s district/regional purview?
It would just apply to his federal district. Other districts could rule the other way or use it as precedent. If there was a disagreement, I believe it would then go the the US court of appeals for that district. The looser of that decision could then try to take it to the Supreme Court for a final decision.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now for braces and SBRs to get handled. I’ve only built 1 80% Glock and don’t intend to do another but I don’t think folks should be accountable for the idiots making them for resale illegally.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Good because, I like building these damn things.

I just did my first one recently. I hated it at first but now I’m itching to do another one!

Edit to clarify: hated the process of building. Absolutely love the gun though. It is becoming my favorite Glock.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom