Federal judge gave the green light to sue firearm companies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meanwhile MGM Resorts International just got dinged to the tune of $800,000,000 for the Las Vegas. shooting.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/judge-approves-800m-las-vegas-shooting-settlement

Whoa. You mean they dinged themselves by settling. But DAMN. A court suit could have cost them $B. I dunno, mixed emotions on this one - I don't know what they did or didn't do, did or didn't know, or what all the circumstances were.

I don't believe the Feds have zero information on why this happened, but they sure haven't ever said anything that was found in their investigation - makes one wonder what it led to.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whoa. You mean they dinged themselves by settling. But DAMN. A court suit could have cost them $B. I dunno, mixed emotions on this one - I don't know what they did or didn't do, did or didn't know, or what all the circumstances were.

I don't believe the Feds have zero information on why this happened, but they sure haven't ever said anything that was found in their investigation - makes one wonder what it led to.
Still goes to blaming EVERY FRIGGING THING except the one who needs to be blamed. Insurance companies need to step up and take a stand on this nonsense. They are the ones who can put a stop to it.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is what MGM Resorts International did. They had money. The guy who actually perpetrated the shooting didn't have nearly as much, and is dead anyway, so no one will get anything out of HIM. He's really the one to blame, but doesn't have deep pockets.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is what MGM Resorts International did. They had money. The guy who actually perpetrated the shooting didn't have nearly as much, and is dead anyway, so no one will get anything out of HIM. He's really the one to blame, but doesn't have deep pockets.

Hmmm somehow I know that feeling... BTDT.

<edit> Spent the last 6½ years dealing with one, finally got a 3rd (and hopefully FINAL) dismissal a couple weeks ago.

F*** human beings is what I say.

Latest posts

Top Bottom