Federal judge says those accused of felonies still have Second Amendment rights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are absolutely people that need to cease breathing.

Problem is - should we trust the government to make those decisions?
In my opinion, there are people IN GOVERNMENT that need to cease breathing, and to answer your question, no, I really think the govt has proven MULTIPLE times that it has a horrible track record at making decisions.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In my opinion, there are people IN GOVERNMENT that need to cease breathing, and to answer your question, no, I really think the govt has proven MULTIPLE times that it has a horrible track record at making decisions.
Oh they make decisions just fine, just not for the good of the people they serve.

Correction, for the good the people they are SUPPOSED to serve.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please, try to stay on track. Since we were talking specifically about a false report of sexual assault, tell me when anyone was executed for that crime, not rape/homicide, just rape.

Beyond that, because it's so absolutely absurd, I won't even bother elaborating on the fact that you think it's okay to execute someone who is not only legitimately, but also legally not responsible for their actions or that you'd sentence someone to death for making a false report over something that is not even a capital crime.
You seem to miss the fact that such an accusation ends jobs and careers, and even if the accused person is acquitted, they still lost their job, their career, probably their home, and everything else. And as I said, rape should be a capital crime. I suppose it would work better if you could stay on track, yourself.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are absolutely people that need to cease breathing.

Problem is - should we trust the government to make those decisions?
Only if the government has something to lose if they screw things up. Which is not usually the case, so far as I can see. It's hard enough holding a cop who violated the rules responsible in his own person. Anyone above him in the chain, it's impossible. And we should fix that.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You seem to miss the fact that such an accusation ends jobs and careers, and even if the accused person is acquitted, they still lost their job, their career, probably their home, and everything else. And as I said, rape should be a capital crime. I suppose it would work better if you could stay on track, yourself.
I am on track, I can't help it if you think, for whatever insane reason, that:

A. executing someone, including a minor, for filing a false report on a crime that is not even a capital offense is a good idea. And it doesn't matter that, in your opinion, "rape should be a capital crime". The FACT of the matter is, it isn't. If you don't agree with that, contact your legislators and demand the penalty be changed.

B. executing someone who, legitimately and legally was not responsible for his actions is wise and that either thing is what a reasonable, rationale person would do.

Last edited:

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If a guy gets executed over a false report, damn right! Honestly, I don't care if someone has mental issues. If they cannot safely be left out with other people, they need to go away. I've known a couple of people who made false accusations of rape, and a couple more who were accused of rape, and over a dozen who were actually raped. If we had a reliable justice system, it might be a bit different, but we do not.

I may be over-simplfying things, or you may be over-complicating them.

Guy who told me that about many killers work their way up from animals to humans was a profiler for the FBI, IIRC. It is not all, but many. Particularly serial killers. Anyone, apparently, can lose it and kill someone, what they called back then "crimes of passion." One of the guys who taught me to shoot was a cop in Glendale, CA, PD. A bunch of cops used to hang out at my dad's house and drink beer and tell stories on the weekends. I grew up in Southern California, mostly in Los Angeles County. "Uncle" Archie made what was, in the late '60's, the largest bust on someone dealing in marijuana in Glendale's history to that point. Also retired after being crippled by a kid not a whole lot older than I was then who'd been using Angel Dust. I heard most of those stories before the Summer of 1970. I may have a few details wrong. I know a lot of police procedure has changed radically since then. And Archie was crippled a few years later.
Good God man, where you from where you know over a dozen who got raped, some accused and/or convicted.

I do know a guy that got accused nearly ruined his life, definitely destroyed his reputation. Turns out just a crazy b!tch trying to ruin his life. She did a pretty good job even though the charges eventually got dropped. Costed him in defending himself financially and mentally

Latest posts

Top Bottom