Federal Jury Convicts Norman Car Dealership Executives of Wire Fraud Conspiracy, Forgery, and Identity Theft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to drop this. If it belongs in a different area Mods please move it.

Big Red Dealerships:
Big Red Sports/Imports
Big Red Kia
Norman Yamaha
Norman Mitsubishi
Mayes Kia

Western District of Oklahoma

https://www.justice.gov/usao-wdok/pr/federal-jury-convicts-norman-car-dealership-executives-wire-fraud-conspiracy-forgery

Federal Jury Convicts Norman Car Dealership Executives of Wire Fraud Conspiracy, Forgery, and Identity Theft​

OKLAHOMA CITY – On Friday, November 19, 2021, a federal jury convicted BOBBY CHRIS MAYES, 49, CHARLES GOOCH, 63, and COURTNEY WELLS, 36, all residents of Norman, of multiple counts of wire fraud, conspiracy, issuing forged securities, and aggravated identity theft, announced Robert J. Troester, Acting United States Attorney for the Western District of Oklahoma.
On September 16, 2020, a federal grand jury returned an indictment alleging that from January 2014 to March 2019, Mayes, Gooch, and Wells used their positions as co-owners of the Big Red Dealerships (Big Red Sports/Imports, Big Red Kia, Norman Yamaha, Norman Mitsubishi, and Mayes Kia) to engage in a conspiracy to commit wire fraud in which they sought to obtain millions of dollars of loan proceeds. The indictment further alleged that the defendants made materially false statements and omissions to lenders about the type, source, and amount of borrowers’ down payments or vehicle trade-ins, and bribed at least one loan officer.

More details if you follow the link.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems like all of those down there are shady. Fowler was about 15 years ago. They tried pulling stuff on me. I just quit going to dealerships altogether after. I already knew the game but became friends with one of the sales people there after I bought my truck and she told me exactly what was going on. I don’t remember the details but it was all kinds of convoluted practices to make a buck.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We looked at a vehicle at that dealership once.
Really high pressure by the sales guy. Decided to get a beer and a snack to talk about it off site.
We never went back. The sales guy badgered us a couple of times on the phone but we bought elsewhere.
Good to hear they have been busted.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why, with how easy it is to comparison shop, much less get financing with the internet, people still get taken on cars is a bit beyond me. Learn to research, learn to say no and walk away. Use your phone to record conversations.

Latest posts

Top Bottom