Federal!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heard a college professor say with total seriousness that you can't trust common sense because it's biased by a person's life experiences.
Ha! That depends on the person... some of us try to learn from other folks' stupid experience.

In all fairness, it should probably be called "uncommon sense" these days.
:drunk2:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of the conspiracy stories going around are pretty insane.
I figured Trump to be a sho-in so I didn't invest in gun/ammo stocks. My mistake it appears.
Not really. There is very little profit margin in ammo and components. I've been watching Olin & Vista stock for awhile and they haven't done a lot. Now if you would have bought some Ruger and S&W in early 2019 and held it, you'd have made a bit of money.

I did the same thinking that Trump had it in the bag. I'll never underestimate the ignorance of the American voter again.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not really. There is very little profit margin in ammo and components. I've been watching Olin & Vista stock for awhile and they haven't done a lot. Now if you would have bought some Ruger and S&W in early 2019 and held it, you'd have made a bit of money.

I did the same thinking that Trump had it in the bag. I'll never underestimate the ignorance of the American voter again.
Well, I didn't lose any since I didn't invest, but yeah, I'll agree gun builders would have been a better investment. It was pretty flat though for a few years.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last year, I figured with the election cycle and the rabid hatred of Trump that the liberal wet dream of “gun control” would be at full tilt so I started buying ammo ... a lot of ammo.

Didn’t count on a pandemic or race-pimps selling false narratives to rationalize rioting that contributed along with the election cycle to the demand spike we have seen. But glad I bought all that i did.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed.
All they know is they want cheap ammo, available most everywhere they look, one box at a time (i.e., they want things to be "like they were before").
And when they don't get what they want -- it must be because of some vast right wing/left wing/middle of the road conspiracy against them.
I read a comment that describes America in 2020: If a person didn't form their current opinion by logic and reason then you can't hope to change their mind by resorting to logic and reason.
That has been true in America for many years... it's not really new in 2020 (although it IS very true this year!)

Latest posts

Top Bottom