FedEx Delivery Exception and old FAQ

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
21 O.S. 1541.1 - Obtaining Property by Trick or Deception - Attempt - False Representation or Pretense - Confidence Game - Penalty

Every person who, with intent to cheat and defraud, shall obtain or attempt to obtain from any person, firm or corporation any money, property or valuable thing, of a value less than One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00), by means or by use of any trick or deception, or false or fraudulent representation or statement or pretense, or by any other means or instruments or device commonly called the "confidence game", or by means or use of any false or bogus checks, or by any other written or printed or engraved instrument or spurious coin, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction thereof shall be punished by a fine not to exceed One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00), or by imprisonment in the county jail for not more than one (1) year, or by both such fine and imprisonment.​

Pretty slick of you to admit everything, in writing, with thorough and specific detail, on a public forum.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seen any DEA agents hanging around in TV Repair panel vans?
Lol, not yet... :D

The package was finally delivered Thursday. Well, most of it. For some reason FedEx decided to send one box via "smartpost" (where they freight it to a post office, then mail it from there). I'm guessin' they have a quota deal with USPS.

So... the smartpost package arrived in Ardmore on Thursday too (about 20 miles from here). Then it finally arrived here the following Tuesday. :/

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was delivered a care package to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia (Desert Shield) from a girl who was writing to me from Oregon. It arrived 2 days after she mailed it. Hell, I was stationed in Turkey for 2 years and stuff usually took less than a week to arrive. I remember stuff in town, like birthday cards, were usually next day. Now it seems like it takes 5 days in town. Progress.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate fedex. Hate them. If possible I never use them. I placed few orders with free shipping before I realized it was with fedex. They both went to the wrong house. Same wrong house. Abandoned house. With no mailbox. My mailbox has my address on it. And I dont live in the city where houses are right next to each other. Waiting on another box shipped through them now and it looks like it will be 3 weeks from time of order to delivery. If its delivered when they say it will be.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmm. I used FedEx frequently when I was working in Mississippi, and never had a problem with them. It was really nice when I was working out of Hernando--there was a FedEx Office location just south of the airport in Memphis, and their last Express pickup was at 8pm.

I did have a weird experience with them a couple of days ago, though. I got an alert from one of my security cameras, so I checked, and it was FedEx delivering a white padded envelope.

About 20 minutes later, I got a second alert. Same FedEx truck, same FedEx guy, this time delivering a Manila-colored padded mailer.

That's weird--I was only expecting one package. That ended up being the Manila mailer. Turns out that the white envelope was for the neighbor down the road, so I dropped it in their mailbox on my way out.

I wonder if it ever struck the dude as odd that he'd gone to the same house twice in less than 30 minutes...

Latest posts

Top Bottom