FedEx Delivery Exception and old FAQ

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I might buy that, except for the fact my package was purposely opened. It did not break open on impact.
Well, you said the guy that returned it must have got your number off the receipt inside... maybe he opened it for that reason?

It's the only scenario I can think of where FedEx would still think it's not delivered yet (and it was found on the side of the road). Otherwise, the driver would have scanned it on delivery to avoid suspicion on his/her part.

Dunno. Ya may never know the whole story. :anyone:

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My favorite USPS story- I sent a scope to Alabama. It was to a guy on a referral from here on OSA. The guy was kinda worried about sending $600 to a random guy he didn't know (me). I give him my references and I ship the scope and give him the tracking number. It's supposed to be a three day delivery. A week later, nothing. Then this shows up at his house.
IMG_5226.JPG

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyway, to make a long story short, he didn't want to file a claim. Fortunately he changed his mind and I was able to talk him into it. He sent me the info and I filed the claim. USPS paid it, it was a PITA. Fortunately I had another scope I was able to send him.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, you said the guy that returned it must have got your number off the receipt inside... maybe he opened it for that reason?

It's the only scenario I can think of where FedEx would still think it's not delivered yet (and it was found on the side of the road). Otherwise, the driver would have scanned it on delivery to avoid suspicion on his/her part.

Dunno. Ya may never know the whole story. :anyone:
He said it was open when he found it. Any one honest enough to call me twice, and meet up with me to hand deliver it I'll take his word on that.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The drop and run that they are doing is has really been irritating. I know they don't even attempt to knock as the dog doesn't bark and if someone taps on the neighbor's door he barks. But here lately the UPS guy has been failing to deliver on the first try. My guess is he gets to a certain point and just says well, I am too tired guess I will go home. The UPS driver we had before that point was great, friendly guy and would knock on the door and wait a few seconds till I could get there. Now they just drop and run even when it's a tablet or cell phone that had to be replaced. I guess they would rather save a few seconds than worry about paying out a claim.

Latest posts

Top Bottom