FEDEX STRIKES AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered another Boss Hog 600# deer feeder from the Sportsman Supply which shipped on 8/24....it arrived in OKC on Friday the 26th. and showed on a truck for delivery the next day.....guess what....no delivery so then it was scheduled to be delivered Monday the 29th.....still wasn't delivered. The 30th. and now the 31st and its still not here so I called Fedex customer service and was told its been in the warehouse in OKC since last Friday.....I told them I knew that and asked when it would be delivered....the young lady I spoke with was very nice and told me they have had more packages than they could deliver and she then said that it would be delivered tomorrow.....I'm not holding my breath.....at least now there is a case # on it.....

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
FedEx ground employees are just contract employees and pretty bad overall. The Express employees aren’t bad. Do you guys have your addresses prominently displayed on your houses? You’d be surprised at the number of those who don’t.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Fedex, UPS and USPS are all going down hill in service. My USPS carrier routinely "delivers" packages by setting them on the hood of my Jeep in the driveway, easily visible and a few short steps from the road.
I've found packages delivered by UPS and Fedex tossed in the back of my truck, delivered to the shed on the side of the driveway and leaned up against a car. Grass is mowed short, shrubs and bushes are well trimmed.
Just piss poor service.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was getting packages left in parked vehicles including vehicles of people who were just visiting. Packages left on front porch, back porch, in driveway and in front of shop door. Finally built a drop box with sign reading "Package Deliveries Here" in 6in letters below it "Any Packages Not Recieved In This Box Will Be Considered Undelivered And A Claim Will Be Filed". That has helped but still find them on the porch on occasion. Two claims pending on goods not recieved.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fedex, UPS and USPS are all going down hill in service. My USPS carrier routinely "delivers" packages by setting them on the hood of my Jeep in the driveway, easily visible and a few short steps from the road.
I've found packages delivered by UPS and Fedex tossed in the back of my truck, delivered to the shed on the side of the driveway and leaned up against a car. Grass is mowed short, shrubs and bushes are well trimmed.
Just piss poor service.
I think they are all hurting for quality people. I think I have a new mail carrier every couple of weeks and their uniforms looks like they came out of a Goodwill drop box. I really miss the one I had for years. Retired Air Force then retired from USPS. He was a good one and they had a few back then. Now, not so much.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

FedEx Ground delivery network 'on the brink of COLLAPSE' as $54bn conglomerate 'refusing to act'​

By James Gordon For Dailymail.com 02:24 EDT 03 Sep 2022 , updated 02:39 EDT 03 Sep 2022

FedEx Ground's delivery system is at risk of complete collapse as the local contractors it relies upon face rising costs and without any sign that their compensation will go up any time soon.

The FedEx Ground network relies upon local delivery companies to make the package and parcel dropoffs on behalf of the $54 billion multinational conglomerate.

But now one of the largest delivery contractors is warning that the entire system is on the brink of falling apart with local workers unable to absorb any more rising costs.

'The FedEx Ground network is in far more peril than what anyone realizes. If Wall Street analysts, if FedEx corporate, and FedEx ground understood the degree to which the network is in danger, there would be widespread panic,' said Spencer Patton, President of Route Consultant.

FedEx Ground works by utilizing the services of around 6,000 small businesses that are under contract with the company in order to make doorstep deliveries.

Patton, who controls a fleet of 275 delivery trucks and has 225 employees across 10 states on his books is looking for a raise of 50-cent per stop for delivery contractors and a 20-cent increase for long-haul trucking contractors by the end of November 25, the start of the holiday shipping season.

Patton was hoping to negotiate directly with FedEx Ground and had set up a 10-member committee in the hope of focusing their attention.

Patton insists that he is not attempting to set up a union - despite the setup looking remarkably similar.

'FedEx Ground has no network without contractors. And we have no network without FedEx Ground. So we are inextricably linked here together in our mutual destiny,' Patton told

Contractors are facing the squeeze due to the rising costs of fuel, labor and trucks.

Patton first raised the alarm earlier this year when fuel prices began to rise and wrote two letters signed by hundreds of contractors to FedEx Ground management.

He has argued how up to 35% of FedEx Ground delivery providers are at risk of financial failure and urged its leaders to improve compensation and has been rallying peers to his cause.

CEO John Smith simply responded by telling the contractors how the company looked at fuel compensation in the contracts and decided no special action was necessary.

'We recognize the shifting market dynamics and current economic conditions may pose new challenges for service provider businesses, and we remain committed to working with these businesses to create opportunities for continued success,' a FedEx spokesperson said in a statement.

But Patton's very public statement appears to have ruffled feathers and FedEx has now severed links with him and suing him describing his messaging as 'spreading misinformation about its business for financial gain.'

In its lawsuit, FedEx alleged that Patton is disparaging its Ground business through a series of false and misleading statements about its commercial activities.

FedEx says the escalating conflict is harming its business and forcing it to spend money on damage control.

Unfavorable news coverage stemming from Patton's campaign could harm Ground's reputation with the shippers that pay it to deliver packages and to erode goodwill within the contractor network, FedEx alleged in its complaint filed in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee.

Patton did not address the merits of the case and went public with the termination of his relationship with FedEx, saying the company's 'move to cancel our contracts is a clear case of (it) silencing anyone with a voice.'

Latest posts

Top Bottom