FedEx STRIKES AGAIN.............

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I worked for Airborne express in the early 90’s. OKC is very easy to get around address wise unless your downtown. Okc is laid out in a grid. Reno Ave is the North South divider, Santa Fe the East West. Numbered streets run East-West, named streets run North-South. Hopefully everybody here can figure out how the NW, SW, NE, SE addresses work now. And yah, I did it back in the day before cell phones and GPS. Showed up at a house on SW 170th, in the sticks. 5 Rottweilers on the porch. Had to make friends before I could get to the porch. You never know what somebody else’s day is like so be considerate.
Yeah, I’m kind of familiar with how OKC is laid out. 😂Misdeliveries happen all the time with the correct house number and wrong street. FedEx Ground contract employees seem to have a problem lately. 16104 is on 2 streets in my hood. You’d thing they’d get it right most of the time but nope.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I’m kind of familiar with how OKC is laid out. 😂Misdeliveries happen all the time with the correct house number and wrong street. FedEx Ground contract employees seem to have a problem lately. 16104 is on 2 streets in my hood. You’d thing they’d get it right most of the time but nope.

At our son's house, similar events have happened. Right house number but the package was delivered one block north of his street.

Boaty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now days the drivers have GPS in vehicle that tells them where to go. If it’s wrong, it gets delivered wrong. Can’t think for themselves or not enough time to deliver the huge amount of packages on their route. Sometimes you get a driver that has never been on that route or not enough to be familiar with it. The freight companies have not been able to grow with the freight demands in order to do the job correctly. Piss poor management. All they care about is the bonus check.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is is a month and a half later and FedEx still sucks.

Walked down to the mailbox to get mail. There was a box lying in the road in front of the house...right in the middle of the northbound lane. It was not damaged. I got the box and looked at the address, which was about 7 or 8 miles away.

Called FedEx. It took forever to get a person on the phone. Had to give him the tracking number after saying it twice and keying in the phone twice to the automated system. Explained the situation to the representative.

FedEx guy: Well, your package is still out for delivery, sir.
Me: I'm not calling about my package. I'm calling about a package for someone else that I found in the road.
FedEx guy: What can I do for you then?
Me: Did you not understand what I said? I found a package in the road, it's not mine, it needs to be delivered to the proper address.
FedEx guy: But, sir, that's what I'm telling you. It's still out for delivery.
Me: Well, it's not gonna be delivered because I have it. It's not my package. I shouldn't have it but it was in the road in front of my house.
FedEx guy: So it's not your package?
Me: (FFS...) Correct.
FedEx guy: OK. Just take it to the nearest Walgreens and we'll pick it up and take it off your hands.
Me: So I have to do FedEx's job now? It's a 30 mile roundtrip to Walgreens and FedEx will need to pay my "same day" delivery rate if you want me to do that. I don't work for free.
FedEx: Let me see if I can arrange for someone to pick it up. Please hold...
Me: Seriously?
FedEx guy: We can send someone to pick it up. Is there anything else I can do for you?
Me: Nope...
FedEx guy: OK...thank you for calling FedEx.
Me: Do you want my address?
FedEx guy: I have it from the tracking number.
Me: No...you don't. (Conversation continues until he gets my address. I'm doubting this package will ever be delivered to the proper address...by FedEx anyway.)

KroyWen

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is is a month and a half later and FedEx still sucks.

Walked down to the mailbox to get mail. There was a box lying in the road in front of the house...right in the middle of the northbound lane. It was not damaged. I got the box and looked at the address, which was about 7 or 8 miles away.

Called FedEx. It took forever to get a person on the phone. Had to give him the tracking number after saying it twice and keying in the phone twice to the automated system. Explained the situation to the representative.

FedEx guy: Well, your package is still out for delivery, sir.
Me: I'm not calling about my package. I'm calling about a package for someone else that I found in the road.
FedEx guy: What can I do for you then?
Me: Did you not understand what I said? I found a package in the road, it's not mine, it needs to be delivered to the proper address.
FedEx guy: But, sir, that's what I'm telling you. It's still out for delivery.
Me: Well, it's not gonna be delivered because I have it. It's not my package. I shouldn't have it but it was in the road in front of my house.
FedEx guy: So it's not your package?
Me: (FFS...) Correct.
FedEx guy: OK. Just take it to the nearest Walgreens and we'll pick it up and take it off your hands.
Me: So I have to do FedEx's job now? It's a 30 mile roundtrip to Walgreens and FedEx will need to pay my "same day" delivery rate if you want me to do that. I don't work for free.
FedEx: Let me see if I can arrange for someone to pick it up. Please hold...
Me: Seriously?
FedEx guy: We can send someone to pick it up. Is there anything else I can do for you?
Me: Nope...
FedEx guy: OK...thank you for calling FedEx.
Me: Do you want my address?
FedEx guy: I have it from the tracking number.
Me: No...you don't. (Conversation continues until he gets my address. I'm doubting this package will ever be delivered to the proper address...by FedEx anyway.)
Your conversation with FedUp reminds me of the old, & GREAT! , Abbott & Costello routine “ Who’s on 1st “. 😄. That’s sad

Latest posts

Top Bottom