FedEx test

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i_work_from_home_but.jpg

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not defending any of the package delivery folks (have had issues with all, at one time or other).
But I wonder - is OP getting that wine in GLASS BOTTLES and does it arrive all right?
Frankly I'd hesitate to order that boxed wine and have it delivered these days.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not defending any of the package delivery folks (have had issues with all, at one time or other).
But I wonder - is OP getting that wine in GLASS BOTTLES and does it arrive all right?
Frankly I'd hesitate to order that boxed wine and have it delivered these days.
Yes, there's 6 or 12 bottles in a shipment. They're packaged really well and never had a broken bottle. What we don't want is it to sit outside in front of my garage for 2 days in 90-100 degree weather.
Hell, these drivers won't even walk to the front porch. Driveway is closest. IF the garage door is open, I've had them leave a box(not wine) on the tonneau cover of my pickup INSIDE! I was in the back working in the yard when it was delivered. Yeah, pissed off and wish they'd do that when I was in there cleaning a gun or two!

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update: Still waiting on a call from the service center that delivered it. Our neighbor DID pick it up and took it to their home until we returned. I'll be forthcoming with this info AFTER someone calls me back. Helplessdesk lady from India said 24-48 hours. Yeah, won't be holding my breath.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have the same problem here, it doesn't matter if it's FedEx or UPS or USPS, none of them ever get the required signature these days which, in the case of UPS (not sure if FedEx or USPS charge extra) is a *cost added*, option. They just drop the package off at the door and run. I have even caught the driver and told him since I'm retired I'm usually home so please ring the bell, but they never do.

The other problem we have is deliveries from Amazon. Apparently they work through the night because I've found packages on our front door step that were not there, before 2300, the previous night.

IMO it really comes down to this, with very few exceptions customer service is a thing of the past. The days of the "customer is always right" are gone. Now it's, we're giant corporations and they don't have any other good options besides us so who cares, f*** the customer, they need us we don't need them.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have the same problem here, it doesn't matter if it's FedEx or UPS or USPS, none of them ever get the required signature these days which, in the case of UPS (not sure if FedEx or USPS charge extra) is a *cost added*, option. They just drop the package off at the door and run. I have even caught the driver and told him since I'm retired I'm usually home so please ring the bell, but they never do.

The other problem we have is deliveries from Amazon. Apparently they work through the night because I've found packages on our front door step that were not there, before 2300, the previous night.

IMO it really comes down to this, with very few exceptions customer service is a thing of the past. The days of the "customer is always right" are gone. Now it's, we're giant corporations and they don't have any other good options besides us so who cares, f*** the customer, they need us we don't need them.
Unfortunately, I have to agree with you on all points. Not that I mind agreeing with you - it's just unfortunate our society is headed in the direction that it is.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Y’all may be able to buy stuff locally, and that’s great. Unfortunately, I do need them though, because there’s not many shopping options where I live. :anyone:

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, haven't heard back from FedEx but did get an email from the Oklahoma Alcoholic Beverages Law Enforcement Commission captain wanting the details. So, I sent him the tracking info and such along with an explanation. Sure hope this isn't a career limiting move since I only need 2 more years to reach 20 and get some retirement bennies!

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FedEx is trash. They’ll deliver stuff to my garage door, on the side of my house, rather than my front door. UPS and USPS always use the porch. I’ve found boxes randomly when I get home just because they’re on my parking spot. Thankfully nobody driving around thought to take them as the garage is pointed toward the main road in our neighborhood.

Latest posts

Top Bottom