FedEx test

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had Fed-Ex leave shotguns on my porch that required being signed. Glad I didn't lose one of them to a bad guy. I could not imagine that kind of paperwork.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not that it's going to matter much but FedEx will be offering a Picture Proof of Delivery similar to what Amazon has had available for a long time. They'll show where it was left in your email notification. Going to require all drivers to take a picture of where a pkg is left. I don't think there's an extra cost either.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the customer request and pays for direct signature that is what the delivery person should do. Some companies allow signature waiver if you leave it on your door or in your mail receptacle. It is not up to the delivery person to obtain a signature or not. That is decided by the sender when they purchased the service from the company. The delivery person should attempt delivery to the door and if a signature is required ring the doorbell to wait for a response. If no one is home they should leave a notice and take the package back with them. Anything less is failure to provide the service paid for and or delivery person to do the job they are being paid for.
I understand how it works. I wasn't complaining. They held it per my request instead of attempting delivery. I showed I.D. and tracking number and signed for my package when picking it up.

Woodman 59

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, lots of opinions on FedEx/UPS/USPS so won't dive into that since been beaten up pretty well already. Preface: We get a wine shipment from CA every 1-2 months and it is sent via FedEx Ground. All alcohol shipments are federally mandated to require an adult signature before releasing the package. During peak of COVID, all drivers were "allowed" to bypass this and just put COVID on the signature. That phase is obviously over but yet I still don't get asked for a signature(that's because they never come to the door and just leave outside my garage and drive off). After a shipment, I get an email to rank my experience. The last 3 times I have marked a 1 star(0 wasn't available) and provided a long explanation of why, etc. NEVER gotten ANY reply.

Fast forward to now. We had a shipment coming but were out of town. The asswipe driver must've left it outside our garage this past Sunday at 1:17 pm according to the tracking info. I looked up the signature and they had just typed in my first initial and last name. When we got home Tuesday night, no package. I suspect my neighbor picked it up but I'll call them after I give FedEx Ground an earful! So, I called 1-800-GO-FEDEX to report a missing package that shows delivered but not here. Got a woman in a country a LONG ways from here(or she hasn't mastered the English language yet). She was all about going to start tracking it and find out where it's at etc.... I tell her it's possible someone in our neighborhood picked it up but since it wasn't ever signed for by me I told her it wasn't my responsibility to find it. "Oh, Mr. Bond, I am so sorry to hear and we will be doing everything to find your package." She didn't understand crap about adult signature and such nor the legal ramifications.

She said she would be in contact with the service center and driver to find it. In closing, I told her that IF she could get the manager to even give me a call that I'd drop the claim 100% because I told her it wouldn't happen. Deer in the headlights - she had no clue about being pissed off and making it right. There was nothing on her list of "canned replies" on how to answer so she was quiet.

This inability for so many businesses to find competent workers is beyond belief. Yeah, FedEx/UPS/USPS delivery drivers is a hard job, make no mistake about it. It's very demanding. But it pays very well, offers great health benefits, college reimbursement, etc... yet we still end up with this crap and no dedication to your job or your employer. Will see where this goes even though I know it's going down a dead end road!

Venting complete! :)
I understand the vent, I have had 2 orders lost in the past 30 days. Different shippers, Fed-Ex won't ring the doorbell. Service has gone south for a long time, What a hoot !!!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not that it's going to matter much but FedEx will be offering a Picture Proof of Delivery similar to what Amazon has had available for a long time. They'll show where it was left in your email notification. Going to require all drivers to take a picture of where a pkg is left. I don't think there's an extra cost either.

That doesn't necessarily work all that well. Our son was to have something delivered and got a notice that it was delivered. However, it wasn't, so he contacted the shipping company and they sent him a picture of his package at the front door. He contacted them back and told them that his front door didn't look anything like the one in the picture.

We've seen packages delivered at the right "house number," but one street north of where he lives.

As for signature requirements, back late last year, the wife had ordered a new tablet from Samsung. They delayed for some time in sending it, so we went off to Alabama for our vacation in November. While out there,, we got word of it being shipped and the delivery date was going to be while we were still gone on vacation and Samsung insisted on a signature. The wife tried to get some resolution to delivery, such as to the next door neighbor, but they wouldn't go with that.

So, according to their policy of delivery, the latest they would keep it at the center was a Monday evening and then it would be shipped back to Samsung. We made an all day trip from Alabama to the OKC area and managed to get to the center before they closed. Wife got her tablet, and they said that if she had waited until morning, it would have been shipped back that Monday night.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is correct for UPS but Fed-Ex (at least in SW OKC area) are contract workers and not FE employees. I talked to one once about his job because I thought it was a great gig for someone. He pointed out the small writing on the side of the truck which said something like "Operated by XYZ delivery services". I have since started looking and every FE truck in my area says that on it. UPS does not but FE does. ...
^^^I was told exactly the same a couple of years ago by a former Fed Ex delivery driver.

Latest posts

Top Bottom