FedEx test

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, lots of opinions on FedEx/UPS/USPS so won't dive into that since been beaten up pretty well already. Preface: We get a wine shipment from CA every 1-2 months and it is sent via FedEx Ground. All alcohol shipments are federally mandated to require an adult signature before releasing the package. During peak of COVID, all drivers were "allowed" to bypass this and just put COVID on the signature. That phase is obviously over but yet I still don't get asked for a signature(that's because they never come to the door and just leave outside my garage and drive off). After a shipment, I get an email to rank my experience. The last 3 times I have marked a 1 star(0 wasn't available) and provided a long explanation of why, etc. NEVER gotten ANY reply.

Fast forward to now. We had a shipment coming but were out of town. The asswipe driver must've left it outside our garage this past Sunday at 1:17 pm according to the tracking info. I looked up the signature and they had just typed in my first initial and last name. When we got home Tuesday night, no package. I suspect my neighbor picked it up but I'll call them after I give FedEx Ground an earful! So, I called 1-800-GO-FEDEX to report a missing package that shows delivered but not here. Got a woman in a country a LONG ways from here(or she hasn't mastered the English language yet). She was all about going to start tracking it and find out where it's at etc.... I tell her it's possible someone in our neighborhood picked it up but since it wasn't ever signed for by me I told her it wasn't my responsibility to find it. "Oh, Mr. Bond, I am so sorry to hear and we will be doing everything to find your package." She didn't understand crap about adult signature and such nor the legal ramifications.

She said she would be in contact with the service center and driver to find it. In closing, I told her that IF she could get the manager to even give me a call that I'd drop the claim 100% because I told her it wouldn't happen. Deer in the headlights - she had no clue about being pissed off and making it right. There was nothing on her list of "canned replies" on how to answer so she was quiet.

This inability for so many businesses to find competent workers is beyond belief. Yeah, FedEx/UPS/USPS delivery drivers is a hard job, make no mistake about it. It's very demanding. But it pays very well, offers great health benefits, college reimbursement, etc... yet we still end up with this crap and no dedication to your job or your employer. Will see where this goes even though I know it's going down a dead end road!

Venting complete! :)

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stick a note on the door or mailbox that says "Ring Bell for ALL signature-required packages" and you might get them to get off the default setting of "it's fine".

We actually prefer they leave sig-required packages because we're never home. I have a note on the door that says, "Please self-sign for all packages, thank you!"

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shouldn't have to do anything - that's their standard operating procedures and well documented. All signature required packages should be brought to the front door, ring bell/knock on door, if no answer then put sticky on front door saying they tried and when to expect attempt #2, the return shipment to service center. Try again next day unless I intervene for them to hold at a location until I pickup.

Yeah, I work for them but damn sure doesn't seem to matter for things like this I'm just another customer.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shouldn't have to do anything - that's their standard operating procedures and well documented. All signature required packages should be brought to the front door, ring bell/knock on door, if no answer then put sticky on front door saying they tried and when to expect attempt #2, the return shipment to service center. Try again next day unless I intervene for them to hold at a location until I pickup.

Yeah, I work for them but damn sure doesn't seem to matter for things like this I'm just another customer.
I know, Russ. It's trash and shouldn't be necessary, but the drivers are almost all certifiable idiots. They have headphones on, don't follow traffic rules, and run from sun up to sun down on autopilot.
Get package, drop at door, next house. Repeat. This is 100% why they'll be replaced with robots in the next 10-15 years (or sooner)

Putting up a note on bright paper to break their brain dead cycle may be the only way to get results.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know, Russ. It's trash and shouldn't be necessary, but the drivers are almost all certifiable idiots. They have headphones on, don't follow traffic rules, and run from sun up to sun down on autopilot.
Get package, drop at door, next house. Repeat. This is 100% why they'll be replaced with robots in the next 10-15 years (or sooner)

Putting up a note on bright paper to break their brain dead cycle may be the only way to get results.
Aren't we assuming they can read?

One driver scans all of her packages as soon as she turns into our subdivision THEN drives to each house and delivers. Shows my package "delivered" about 5 mins BEFORE she pulls into the driveway. She said it makes her delivery report look better. Just not worth my oxygen to complain anymore.

BTW, say hello to Roxo!
FedEx | System Down

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Apparently they have no supervision. The same thing happens with all companies and it’s going to get worse. Seems very few care about getting it right but with parcel volumes up like they are the occasional complainer is just factored into their sucky expectations. I’m surprised they delivered to the right address.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Apparently they have no supervision. The same thing happens with all companies and it’s going to get worse. Seems very few care about getting it right but with parcel volumes up like they are the occasional complainer is just factored into their sucky expectations. I’m surprised they delivered to the right address.
Haven't heard from my neighbors so they may not have delivered to my house after all. Who knows!

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't heard from my neighbors so they may not have delivered to my house after all. Who knows!

My old delivery driver could tell me what was delivered before I even opened it from doing it 20 plus years and familiar with company names and there market. Sometimes I know it was a guess but he was right 99% of the time. Maybe the delivery guys were having a bad day and saved it to take home with them.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
All 4, USPS, UPS, Amazon and FEDEX, have gotten sloppy with delivery of packages. My mailbox is maybe 25 yards from my front door with the closest point of the driveway maybe 20 yards. I routinely find USPS packages sitting on the hood of my Jeep. Amazon delivered packages stuffed into the mailbox FEDEX and UPS on the steps of my wife's shed, the hood of a car or once tossed into the bed of my truck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom