Feds Release Guidelines for Smart Guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...idelines-for-smart-guns/ar-AAkvQFg?li=BBnbcA1

Here you go. For all of us who are too dumb to own, store, and operate a gun safely. The Government will protect you. Finally, the answer lies within!
Hmmmm, a hacker can get into a private email server to access something that should be fool proof, but not figure out how to gain the unauthorized use of a smart gun? It sounds kind of hinky to me and the whole idea sort of smells like cow dookie.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In case you haven't noticed, the lame-duck administration has been directed to push out as much of the liberal agenda in the next 60 days as possible, including guns, pipelines, oil drilling in the arctic, etc. I'm waiting for an executive visit to the UN to sign all kinds of nonsense. Sure, the new president can reverse all of it, but the present one can hold his halo over his head, and say "See, I did all the things I promised in spite of those awful Republican Senators and Congresspersons."
Politically, it gives the liberal spokespeople ample excuse later to say "See! President Trump is undoing all the wonderful work of our hero!"

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the market is wide open for advancement of firearm technology. However, the govt. needs to stay out of it, and let the private sector innovate while the consumer decides what works (and what doesn't). Using technology to improve weaponry, and create new weaponry, is an age-old idea...and in time, typically provides better weapons. We should take advantage of modern technology *if* can help (and it will help in some areas), and *where* it can (and it will in some areas); while not banning the use of old technology. There is a way to innovate without infringing on rights, and hopefully our country can continue to do that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom