1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Feeder light recommendations for night time hog hunting

Discussion in 'Hunting & Fishing' started by BobbyV, Jan 14, 2020.

1. BobbyV

BobbyV Moar please!

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    The hogs are back on my cameras at my brother's place and he's considering submitting a night time hunting application . . .

What light or lights would those of you who have hunted hogs at night would you recommend?

Looking for something to attach to a feeder or nearby trees, etc.

Something that can be charged via solar so we aren't going through batteries.

I'm strongly considering this Moultrie light . . .

retrieverman likes this.
  2. makeithappen

makeithappen Sharpshooter

That one will certainly be bright, but hogs can be finicky when it comes to too much light, even green. It all depends on how far away you'll be from the light and the setup of the weapon (light on the weapon, thermal, etc). I've heard good things about this one Wildgame Innovations Moonshine Light https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WV4D0IW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_pDDhEbXEF3VW6

BobbyV and retrieverman like this.
  3. ElkStalkR

ElkStalkR Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I recommend a thermal weapons sight. Matter of fact, depending on where you are located in the state, I would happily bring my two thermal rigs over and we could both shoot.

I've got two complete thermal set ups. One on a 6.8 spc AR15 and one on a ruger mini-30. Plus I've got a Gen3 PVS-14 (night vision monocular) with corresponding eotech NV sight set up on a standard AR. Its not as nice as the thermal rigs but still useable.

Ill make that offer to anyone on this forum. If I have time to come down. I'm always up for slinging lead at hogs!

BobbyV, bigred1, O4L and 1 other person like this.