Feeding my pet catfish

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The problem feeding the fish is that they won't bite when fishing if it's not during the feeding period.
Pavlov's dog.
My cousin had a catfish farm where they were fed twice a day by mechanical means. You could throw any catfish bait you wanted into that pond and never get a bite.
They had issues with the DEQ about the facilities to clean the fish and gave it up. The catfish have a head the size of a ten pounder but the body of a three pounder. Over populated and under fed, yet after the business closed he won't let anybody in there to take some out which would help the overall health of the fish remaining in the pond. It's about 10 acres in size.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
After catching a few I got the bright idea of feeding the small channel catfish in the pond. I went to Tractor Supply and bought a 50 lbs bag of floating catfish food. It took 2 days and now the fish know what’s coming.

https://rumble.com/vneukl-feeding-my-pet-catfishes.html
They learn fast when offered an incentive! This method works even better on VOTERS! The only difference is the working people buy the food used to train them!

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem feeding the fish is that they won't bite when fishing if it's not during the feeding period.
Pavlov's dog.
If they're bunching at the top while feeding, I'd be fishing with one of these... :D

images

:drunk2:
___

Latest posts

Top Bottom