FEG

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
So my son picked up a Feg 9mm P9M-HP. Looking up info on this thing is mind boggling LOL.
It is a nice pistol that shoots well and whoever had it took great care of it. Little bit of holster wear and crappy plastic grips, which my son is going to replace with some wooden grips.
It has the S&W style barrel and recoil spring. Any of you guys know much about these things?

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMG_2664.JPG
IMG_2665.JPG
Here are some pics

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When not on another thread being a smart ass I am reading all I can. Pretty interesting stuff! Pretty sure I may be buying one as well!!

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an FEG. There is a virtual library of knowledge from the late, great Stephen Camp on Hi Powers, including FEG.

FEG did NOT make things easy, as they produced at least three different versions of the pistol with the exact same model number.

Yours looks like it has the 1911 style slide stop, but it could have a Browning style barrel/lockup. Look for a subtle oval shape on the ejection port side of the frame just above the trigger. If you see one, you have a Browning lockup with a 1911 style slide stop.

I have seen FEGs with the S&W barrel, but most of them have the safety mounted on the slide, not the frame.

Last edited:

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most excellent browning high-power clone. Well built versions, I believe mags only are compatible. Double action vs original hp is single action.
Great guns, underrated, built back when we had good and bad clones of great guns. Can be found fairly cheap, though many will have finish damage.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know my husband been looking for one, he might know about this, I'll ask him....

Cops gun shop had another model, it was a shorter barrel version but seemed to be in good condition. Did not spend to much time looking at it though.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most excellent browning high-power clone. Well built versions, I believe mags only are compatible. Double action vs original hp is single action.
Great guns, underrated, built back when we had good and bad clones of great guns. Can be found fairly cheap, though many will have finish damage.

Mine is a fully Browning part compatible. That's the problem with FEG. Some are double/single action, others are true clones.

Latest posts

Top Bottom