Felons and Firearms--What can/can't they do? possess?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillPenn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do know someone that was arrested at 17 and tried as an adult. He served a year or so in Jail and another couple on parole. After his parole was over and all his restitution paid. He petitioned the Governors office for a pardon or something like that. Took a couple of years but he finally received it. Now he can legally own firearms again.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have a friend at church that is an attorney that specializes in DUI cases. He was representing a young man that had been arrested for DUI, and he had a previous DUI conviction. He was trying to convince the young man to go for a plea deal and plead guilty of a misdemeanor DUI. When the young man asked him what the difference would be, our friend told him that the DA had filed for a Felony DUI charge, and that if he were convicted of the felony, he would not be able to possess firearms.

The young man agreed to the plea deal and then he might very well have never put himself in a position to get another DUI.

Jack Johnson

GOD, GUNS, and GUTS made AMERICA GREAT
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I've heard some states even allow felons to posses a singleshot shotgun and a singleshot rifle, maybe Montana or Idaho or someplace with grizzly bears. Oklahoma has some of the strictest laws governing felons and firearms. Non violent felons such as DUI or white collar crime offenders should still have the right to defend themselves and their family if they have paid their debt to society. When did the feds and the states take that right away from felons. I've seen a lot of westerns where the sheriff gives the guns back to the outlaws after they serve their time in jail 🤔

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've said this before, but IMO everyone (including a convicted felon) has the inherent right of self defense.

But either way... if someone can't be trusted with firearms, they shouldn't be turned loose on a society where weapons in many forms are abundant.
:drunk2:
___

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've said this before, but IMO everyone (including a convicted felon) has the inherent right of self defense.

But either way... if someone can't be trusted with firearms, they shouldn't be turned loose on a society where weapons in many forms are abundant.
:drunk2:
___
That's another purpose for baseball bats........

Latest posts

Top Bottom