Felons and Firearms--What can/can't they do? possess?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Themillz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Crap sorry the link doesn’t work and not sure how to get it to. Basically a real firearm not in a felons residence or vehicle he/she is riding in.

Can’t have a imitation firearm which some air guns could be argued as such. Can’t alter a toy gun(paint orange tip black) and be in possession. Basically stay away from firearms if a felon.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Crap sorry the link doesn’t work and not sure how to get it to. Basically a real firearm not in a felons residence or vehicle he/she is riding in.

Can’t have a imitation firearm which some air guns could be argued as such. Can’t alter a toy gun(paint orange tip black) and be in possession. Basically stay away from firearms if a felon.

Let me help. Your url link was too closely associated with the text just before it. You should have done an "enter" to cause a line feed and then post it by pasting the url on that "vacant" new line. (Like the following.)

https://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/DeliverDocument.asp?CiteID=69752

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Antique firearms (pre-98) aren't considered firearms either federally. That's why you can have one shipped right to your door. You don't see any drive-bys with 1893 Spanish Mausers though.

ramco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was told they can't even be in the same house with a gun. I don't know if that is true or not.
It is true. In one of my CC classes the question came up from the wife of a 40+ year old spouse who had a felony conviction when he was 19 for possession stolen prop. I double checked with a Canadian County judge friend who told me no firearms on the house with a felon whether in a locked safe or not. Oklahoma does provide a pathway for non-violent felons to get their conviction expunged and their 2A rights restored.

JT708

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How do they go about getting their rights restored?
It is true. In one of my CC classes the question came up from the wife of a 40+ year old spouse who had a felony conviction when he was 19 for possession stolen prop. I double checked with a Canadian County judge friend who told me no firearms on the house with a felon whether in a locked safe or not. Oklahoma does provide a pathway for non-violent felons to get their conviction expunged and their 2A rights restored.

Latest posts

Top Bottom