Female hunter found dead--apparent suicide 'following online threats from animal rights activists'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's because many young people put so much 'stock' into what others say/do online.
My daughter, for example, proudly brags about how many people have "befriended" her on FACEBOOK and will get totally enraged at me if I explain to her that "befriended' is not the same as being actual friends with someone - that these 'friends' would most likely care little about her if she needed real help.

It's a shame that, for many, cyber friends have replaced real friends in their world.
Very true. Another thing I have found is that "social" media has lead to a decline in social skills amongst people.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
naw, i've been thinking about it for a while. You'd think that having access to all the world's knowledge and the ability to connect with people around the globe would be a good thing. Instead it seems like we want to use it to tear down those with whom we disagree. I guess it's no different than any other tool. It can be used to build or it can be used to destroy.
The internet is a wonderful servant, but a horrible master.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/f...book-death-suicide-huesca-spain-a7858896.html

Despite all of the threats she received, including one which was reportedly left on her car, her friends have insisted that her death was because of "personal problems, not for the insults received."

Her friend said: "It is a lie that she committed suicide because of the threats, because she was a very brave woman, very strong, a fighter."

The Royal Spanish Federation of Hunting has filed a criminal complaint in response to her death.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They're faceless bullies and one doesn't know who they are so they can spew their venomous hatred and feel good about themselves. But they can be traced.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hon, people will ALWAYS find a way to be mean to each other. The internet makes it where they really never have to deal with the consequences of their actions, for the most part. Unless they are stupid enough to live stream ... Or post picks of their bounty from the local stick-up ... Lol

But seriously -- there are a lot of entitled -- and just downright sick -- ****s out they that enjoy other people's pain. Helps them pretend they are perfect.

I'm glad I'm old. I'm probably gonna live to watch the reality TV show society has become for another 50 years or so ... Unless something unexpected comes along. I feel bad for folks who trying to be decent people in this day and age. It's downright impossible, it seems, to be a nice person without getting punished for it.
215499488_8pSZr-2100x20000.jpg

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hon, people will ALWAYS find a way to be mean to each other. The internet makes it where they really never have to deal with the consequences of their actions, for the most part. Unless they are stupid enough to live stream ... Or post picks of their bounty from the local stick-up ... Lol

But seriously -- there are a lot of entitled -- and just downright sick -- ****s out they that enjoy other people's pain. Helps them pretend they are perfect.

I'm glad I'm old. I'm probably gonna live to watch the reality TV show society has become for another 50 years or so ... Unless something unexpected comes along. I feel bad for folks who trying to be decent people in this day and age. It's downright impossible, it seems, to be a nice person without getting punished for it.
Annie, this is true that people will always find a wy to be mean, but there are are decent peoeple ion the world too. Let me tell you a little story.

With my cerebral pasly, I have frequently been bullied and made fun of. When I was in high school, I shared algebra and German classes with a sweet and very pretty girl. We were studying our German, (this was during lunch) and this guy that I had had trouble with before came up and started making fun of my speech impediment. He thought it was uproarious until he looked at Robin and saw the expression on her face. Robin was popular with a capital P, (she later beame a cheerleader) and the look she gave him would have cut through steel. He stopped and must have realized the jackass that he was making of himself, because I never had any more trouble with him after that.

I have never forgotten that. My point here is that it cuts both ways. People can do amazing good as well as amazing bad.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@gerhard1 -- it's true, there are some good people out there. My problem is I manage to attract the assholes. They FLOCK to me. Then they get pissed off and talk **** about me when I don't turn out to be the pushover they thought I was gonna be.

No good deed goes unpunished. Trust me on this one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom