Feral Dogs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Feral dogs can be very destructive when it comes to wildlife. I am seeing an increase in feral dogs activity this year. I am missing 2 fawns that I contributed to coyotes. Last Sunday I shot a yote with a Glock 19 at around 40 yards that showed up at the wrong time. I figured that was the culprit for the fawn loss. Two nights ago,I heard a dog yipping outside around 10:30 which was waaay out of line since there are no dogs at my house just a couple of cats. I grabbed the M4 and looked out the window to see a pit bull and another large dog running around my 4 wheeler. The minute I turned on the tactical light they scattered. Yesterday morning I walked outside to feed the cats and found my 4 wheeler cover in shreds. Shortly after I saw 3 dogs out back. The M4 spoke twice and two self destructed with the third running off. Later I caught no.3 in the back field, oopsie, another bad day for him. One cat has been found the other has not shown up yet. The deer have stopped showing up in the yard too. The pack has been thinned and there were no collars on any of them.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a dog lover ,but if they show up with no collars unless they are extremely docile and friendly I'm probably going to shoot them. If they chase live stock or deer I'm definitely going to shoot them

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take pictures of destroyed property and your dead cat(s). That way if the law enforcement comes out you can tell them AND show them what happened.

I use to live waaay out in the sticks and the local sheriff always told me if a deputy is called out because of a neighbors or stray dog was shot by me....always....always......always....state: It was chasing my livestock. That's if you have livestock but in your case destroyed property and animals.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I find this distasteful to do as I am an animal lover and conservationist. Has anyone been challenged by a pack of dogs besides me? You suddenly feel helpless because there are multiple animals in a pack mentality. If you live in the city it is doubtful that you have experienced this. Now let's change the setting to a home on a large acreage in the city. The situation suddenly changes. I have been challenged by a pack on more than 1 occasion and their attitude is the same until you remove several from the equation. They are not so brave now.
One of the two cats has not been found yet. I say again, this is distasteful to have to do

Latest posts

Top Bottom