Feral Dogs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Many folks abandon dogs out here in the country, then either they get taken in by someone or become a nuisance in many cases. We have had more feral dogs attack livestock than coyotes in my opinion. Cows, horses, goats, chickens you name it. I will protect my interests against such animals simply because the loss of livestock hits my wallet pretty hard, I wish this was not the case as putting down a domesticated animal is neither a challenge nor feeds the family. In the end, it simply comes down to whether the Feral dogs are a threat, if so then they need to be eliminated before someone or something gets hurt.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Bad position you have been put in! Dogs are better of in the ground if they are feral, just sad that some POS was to damn lazy/sorry azz to do what needed doing instead of dumping them and leaving it for someone else!! Animal shelters take dogs no questions asked, so this is just sad!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
One of the few times I didn't have a pistol on me at the lease, I was stuck up in a tree stand by a couple feral dogs for 30 minutes. Didn't get to shoot the things and got them on cam a few times. Deer were pretty spotty that year.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, it is a FELONY to shoot a dog in Oklahoma unless it's attacking your livestock. One of the dumbest things I ever heard, but it is what it is.

Might consider being careful what you post. :drunk2:

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, it is a FELONY to shoot a dog in Oklahoma unless it's attacking your livestock. One of the dumbest things I ever heard, but it is what it is.

Might consider being careful what you post. :drunk2:
Like everyone has said they are getting pets or livestock I have talked to the deputies afterwards and they say ok have a good evening and leave

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got cornered by dogs while archery hunting on a WMA. Luckily I was in my climber and shot up the tree. I'd seen the dogs running deer several of my hunts that season. I protected myself and suddenly the dogs confirmed my choice when they turned on one of their own and tore it up. Didn't see the dogs again after that.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I live at the intersection of Comanche, Cotton and Stephens county. There are packs of dogs out here from time to time, no farmer/rancher I know enjoys killing dogs, no rancher or farmer I know enjoys putting down a mauled calf either. Having said that, there are strays that run around from time to time as well that are no threat, we toss them a few bowls of dog food and if they can stay around and help out great, if not, we grab 'em up and take them to the shelter. This has only happened 3-4 times, but again, I know no farmer that just gets his kicks off of shooting dogs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom