Feral hog solution in feed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://hiprofeeds.com/blog/introducing-hogstop-now-manufactured-by-hi-pro-feeds/
"Recently, a new tool to fight invasive feral hogs has been introduced to the market by Corona Feed Additives, LLC. HOGSTOP® is a contraceptive bait used to control feral hogs (Sus scrofa) on pastures, rangeland, forests, and non-crop areas."

"An all-natural contraceptive bait, HogStop targets the male hog’s prodigious ability to reproduce. Feral hogs have the highest reproduction rate of any similar species and can produce a new litter every three months or so and each litter can be as large as 20 piglets.'
===+=+==++++====+=+=++==+

For those of you dealing with feral hogs in your area, does this seem like a workable solution to you? I have some doubts but I'm not dealing with it personally.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless you own half the county, hogs aren't going feed on your place alone, so your bait may not be a sufficient part of their diet to achieve the desired results. And hogs will eat a LOT of feed when it's free choice.

I'm guessin' Corona Feed will be the primary beneficiary of this idea.
:drunk2:
___

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unless you own half the county, hogs aren't going feed on your place alone, so your bait may not be a sufficient part of their diet to achieve the desired results. And hogs will eat a LOT of feed when it's free choice.

I'm guessin' Corona Feed will be the primary beneficiary of this idea.
:drunk2:
___

If all the boars in the area are shooting blanks, they'll be pretty happy that those sows keep cycling and receptive instead of gestating. Of course, other boars will smell those sows, too, and they might not be on that feed, as you note.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only way it will be effective is if everyone in your area feed it and then if everyone on the outside of the area started using it to make it wide spread but just for a few people to use it wont make much of a difference and then the pricing of it would have to be cost low enough to get everyone to use it which wont happen. And as far as other animals getting into it a person would have to build some sort of fence around the feed area to keep other thing out of it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom