Ferocious Pitbull

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A pitbull went after my dog, in a dog OBEDIENCE class.
All the owners were sitting in chairs with their dogs sitting in front of them, an empty chair was between me and my dog and the pitbull and his owner.
Out of the blue, for no reason any human could see, the pit just lunged at my dog's neck. They weren't doing the sideways stare-off or anything.
Fortunately the owner had a good hold on the leash. If it had been 6 inches longer my dog would probably be dead.

I try to cut them some slack, but they're so strong that if they do ever go off, it's really bad. After that I don't trust them.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's a "smiling" pit on my route that just loves me, she nips though.

Then there's this one my step-daughter's uncle has that did this to her in April
ashley pit.jpg
ashley pit2.jpg

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's a "smiling" pit on my route that just loves me, she nips though.

Then there's this one my step-daughter's uncle has that did this to her in April View attachment 119519 View attachment 119520

Those wounds are worse than those from a female German Shepherd that bit my wife when she visited my son’s in-laws in Alabama. Deep punctures and fatty tissue exposed from tearing. The Dog had bitten two other people and there are now two grandchildren that visit the house which is on rural acreage. Sadly, it went after someone else recently and the in-laws grown children convinced their Mother to eliminate the problem. My son dispatched it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Two thoughts.

First - true rescue dogs, dogs that were dumped that you pick up starving and filthy, are usually the most loyal dogs you will ever find.

Second - I used to have Pits. They are loving, loyal, thick-headed, incredibly strong, ferociously tough dogs.
One of my loving dogs tried to kill a horse; the horse at the time was more valuable than my entire net worth. I no longer have Pits. The liability is just not worth it to me.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a nice story and all about picking up a stray dog, but I'm afraid I'll pass on ever having one or letting one be around my family. There's just too many stories about supposedly family-friendly pit bulls mauling and/or killing someone. I have zero trust in them. Zero.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
It's a nice story and all about picking up a stray dog, but I'm afraid I'll pass on ever having one or letting one be around my family. There's just too many stories about supposedly family-friendly pit bulls mauling and/or killing someone. I have zero trust in them. Zero.

And Rots, zero.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did the vet check for a chip in the stray? Did you look around the area where you found her in case her pups were nearby?
I looked around but didn’t see anything. I recently drove around the area to see if someone had signs up. I have taken in strays before and they all act the same. I could tell she was dumped off by the way she acted. Also, with her hair falling out and having worms I’m sure she was roaming for a while. And if not and she someone ran off the people don’t deserve the dog for letting it get in such bad shape. Since having her, her hair has thickened up and is really shiny now.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just woke up to a 70lb stray pit mix licking my face. I’m helping a friend take care of him until something is figured out. He’s a wonderful dog. Also, you can’t alwaya tell what breed a dog is by looking. I’m guessing that’s what he is.

Question: what about a dog that’s only 25% pit? Still dangerous? Where’s the line on mixed breeds?

Latest posts

Top Bottom