Ferocious Pitbull

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When we went to the SPCA last year to get a dog I'd say 75% or more of the dogs they have are pits or pit mixes. The one we ended up getting was a lab mix. He turned out to be looney tunes so we had to take him back. Still looking and deciding if we have the energy for another dog.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is no line. Breeds have a propensity for this or that trait, having been bred along such lines for generations. Individual dogs of a given breed will exhibit some degree of propensity for a given trait, but there’s no way of telling when it comes to a mixed breed. It’s a judgement call, though of course knowing what breeds are involved in the mix can and should color that assessment.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not exactly true. One of my best friends had several pit bulls through the years and used to say the exact same thing. Until his own pit mauled one of his other dogs. They’ve been bred for centuries to have a strain set of characteristics. To act like they don’t have those characteristics is naive and foolish.

L
This bears repeating. Pits can be good dogs if raised properly, but it's pretty good practice to only have a single dog household if you choose one. If you must have more than one dog, at least stay with the same breed so they can have a chance.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any yall ever rode a buckin horse with a pit cross (hog dog) hanging off the horses nose? Yeah, it's the most fun you can have with your clothes on. Especially when you're in the woods before sun up.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s my murder death kill mix rescue. Pretty sure he’s got Catahoula in him too.

7BC8EB1C-2291-4A13-9CC2-7E8F05404A04.jpeg

Only time he's ever got upset is when another dog went after my wife through the fence..... I'm fine with that. He put up with our brat corgi/heeler mix chewing on his ears for 6 months while he was a puppy.

killerpigeon

Native off the Reservation
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not here to tell people their beloved dog, the one that sleeps in their kids beds, is a stone cold killer, but I do have experience. I've worked on the ambulance for 15 years, I've treated all kinds of animal bites. The worst I've seen have been from pit bull or mixes of. Yes, I've had kids bitten by golden retrievers and people bitten after instigating the animal, but none have compared to those dogs. Once again, just my experience.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a neighbor that had several pits for years.One day while working on a fence 2 of his most trusted pits mangled him.When he got out of the hospital he shot 8 that he owned, then went to his sons house and shot all of his.A few months ago here in Duncan an idiot father left his mother and 3 year old daughter alone with a pit and the dog viciously killed the 3 year old.Was told recently he could do some jail time, hope he does.

Latest posts

Top Bottom