Ferocious Pitbull

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let’s just face it. Some people just hate pits even though most have no experience with them. It’s usually “ I know someone that got mauled” or “ I heard about so and so”. Everyone I know that owns them have never had any problems with them. ANY dog can attack someone. Even their owners. Like I said before, I have had other dogs thag have bit me. They weren’t pits. Sometimes they get scared. So just keep on hating this breed. If you haven’t actually owned one then you have no idea what you are talking about. These dogs were bred to be working dogs. Hence their strength. It was later they were used for fighting. I have seen dogs that were used for fighting turned into the best dang dog on earth.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Let’s just face it. Some people just hate pits even though most have no experience with them. It’s usually “ I know someone that got mauled” or “ I heard about so and so”. Everyone I know that owns them have never had any problems with them. ANY dog can attack someone. Even their owners. Like I said before, I have had other dogs thag have bit me. They weren’t pits. Sometimes they get scared. So just keep on hating this breed. If you haven’t actually owned one then you have no idea what you are talking about. These dogs were bred to be working dogs. Hence their strength. It was later they were used for fighting. I have seen dogs that were used for fighting turned into the best dang dog on earth.

From personal experience I'll just keep on disliking them both, and me and my family will be safer as a result. It's no different than folks who don't wear motorcycle helmets, they may ride their whole life and be fine, but there was that one day they wished they had one on and then it's too late.

Have you personally owned a fighting dog who turned into the best dang dog on Earth?

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Question: what about a dog that’s only 25% pit? Still dangerous? Where’s the line on mixed breeds?

Where is the line on humans that twist off for whatever reason and attack everyone in sight? I think it’s something in the brain that throws the switch. It could be anything. Fear, threat, smell, sound, taste, memory, sixth sense......who knows?

I had to do an Inspection at the animal shelter one year. They had one section with dogs that they said had no chance of being adopted because they would attack anyone or anything. I walked by the pens and every one of them was charging at the gate trying to get to me. Large, small, mixed, some that looked like pure bred, male, female. No set indicator.

Animals are like people. I’ve seen people and just gotten a bad feeling about them and shy away. Some I’m attracted to. I’ve approached animals before with the same reactions. Some look at me and in their own way check me out and turn away. There have been a few who I’ve been told by their owners didn’t like anyone, but come straight to me and want to cuddle or show affection.

Only they know why and can’t tell us.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I think it's great you are attracted to these dogs and have the time and resources to rescue them.

I'll give you a free word of advice, and it's worth exactly what you paid for it; keep them contained. Always and without exception. If there is a pit running loose around here, 1 of two things is going to happen and neither one of them is really very good for anybody or anything.

My neighbor insists on dragging home every rescue pit or cross she can find, and then letting them roam the country side. They get one chance not to bow up at me or my animals. One only.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Raised 2 pits from puppies . Around cows , horses ,chickens & hogs. Came home from work . The pits had a horse by the nose & back leg. Guess how that ended. Never had another pit.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Older pics of when we got our Heeler mix.... here he is with MurderDeathKill dog watching over him and sleeping with him as they did for most of the 1st year. Oh and MurderDeathKill dog was rescued after a drug raid.... after the rest of the litter had been beaten to death and the mother had been hung from a ceiling fan. Murderdeathkill dog is now 8 year old.... and is probably the best dog I've ever had.

E325B63E-7206-4273-A9AD-AFC50552BCF6.jpeg
F1483677-E41E-4F87-80A1-9E3209D034FB.jpeg

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From personal experience I'll just keep on disliking them both, and me and my family will be safer as a result. It's no different than folks who don't wear motorcycle helmets, they may ride their whole life and be fine, but there was that one day they wished they had one on and then it's too late.

Have you personally owned a fighting dog who turned into the best dang dog on Earth?
Yes I have.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was mauled as a child by a Brittany Spaniel bird dog when I was 5 yo. Had over 100 stitches in my face and neck. Almost got my jugular. So yes, any dog can bite but I'll tell you now, no dog comes around me without me respecting it fully and if it acts goofy in the least (bowes up at me), I have a bone pile out back full of dog collars.

Latest posts

Top Bottom