FFL Needed! (NEOK)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyanSixer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey OSA,

I just purchased four guns from the JM Davis auction. They have an FFL on site who charges $30 per gun, but I know we have FFLs around who charge just $10 per transfer.

What is the process of another FFL holder picking up my guns at the auction site? Can they transfer the firearms to me on the spot, or do we need to meet back at their established place of employment?

Thank you!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
There is a local gun shop just down the street. I ‘think’ It’s Bills? Wonder what they charge.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a local gun shop just down the street. I ‘think’ It’s Bills? Wonder what they charge.
I think they charged me atleast $25 last time. But I'm not sure they will go do what I think the op needs. It's a lil different than having a gun shipped to their door to be transferred.

What's funny to me is I think I know who the onsite ffl is at the museum sale and he's told me in the past that he only charges $10. I guess it's a special price when there are several guns needing transferred.

RyanSixer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think they charged me atleast $25 last time. But I'm not sure they will go do what I think the op needs. It's a lil different than having a gun shipped to their door to be transferred.

What's funny to me is I think I know who the onsite ffl is at the museum sale and he's told me in the past that he only charges $10. I guess it's a special price when there are several guns needing transferred.

Any chance you can ask if he can give an OSAer/Active Duty a discount? :)

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had heard that you could put up to four guns on the same transfer. Maybe that what for the police auction or whatever you call the other gun auction happening today in Claremore.
I may not have heard correctly so....

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
from memory, only 3 handguns per form, with attachments you can increase the total number if no more than 3 hand guns are on it. but the rulz change and i might be mistaken, i know at one time a couple of years back we would put 6 anderson lowers on one form

RyanSixer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, y’all. I reached out to a few people, one of whom is the HBK Firearms doing transfers at the museum. He said the auction requires a $30 fee per gun, even if multiple are on the same form. He also said an FFL would have to pay the fee just the same as anyone else, but that doesn’t make sense since they wouldn’t be going through the form and background check..

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, y’all. I reached out to a few people, one of whom is the HBK Firearms doing transfers at the museum. He said the auction requires a $30 fee per gun, even if multiple are on the same form. He also said an FFL would have to pay the fee just the same as anyone else, but that doesn’t make sense since they wouldn’t be going through the form and background check..
I'm pretty sure "the auction" doesn't set the price. I'd say Brandon is setting the price and trying to make all the money he can. Is that right or wrong? Idk.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have asked an FFL recently how many they can do on one form. I thought now the first form will hold 4 but they can attach additional sheets. Its up to the individual what they charge. Patrick at BANG is $10 per item. Getting someone to go there is going to add cost and in a hurry I would imagine. Time is money if you can't ship them which will add more costs also.

I have been trying to find someone that would do $20-$30 for up to 5 or 10 to make lower deals more worth it. If anyone knows of someone like that in Tulsa area let me know.

4473 instructions
Section D...
If more than four firearms are involved in a transaction, the information required by Section D, questions 24-28, must be provided for the additional firearms on a separate sheet of paper, which must be attached to this ATF Form 4473

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom