Film Execs Finally Concede James Bond Is ‘Male’

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So you think making the ghostbusters female "broadened their appeal", arguably the biggest flop made in the last 30 years.
Lol. Who said it had to be a good idea or even successful? Lots of things aren’t, but that doesn’t require the level of pearl clutching that seems to go on for stuff like this.

and since you asked, it grosses ~$229 million on a $144m budget. Hardly Waterworld (which was something like $264 box office on an eventual $235 outlay in 1995).

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From another forum:

Is this a trial balloon/screen test for a “change” in Craig’s character?
:scratch: :faint::wink2:

upload_2020-1-17_19-13-28.gif

Last edited:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1917 was way too slow. Can’t believe it is so highly rated. The cool thing is it’s shot all in one continuous take.
I haven't seen it myself, but what I have heard is that although it wasn't one continuous shot, it was exceptionally well edited to make it look like one continuous shot. It sounds like they did pretty well on that front.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heard they had a personal point of view in the movie and that was the unique part. Not a bunch of scenes of different actors it was about following the guys on their mission wherever they went. In and out of trenches, through obstacles, through bodies of water and the like.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Lol. Who said it had to be a good idea or even successful? Lots of things aren’t, but that doesn’t require the level of pearl clutching that seems to go on for stuff like this.

and since you asked, it grosses ~$229 million on a $144m budget. Hardly Waterworld (which was something like $264 box office on an eventual $235 outlay in 1995).

What is funny is every time someone has an opinion about anything other that the way you think they are "pearl clutchers". Get over your self, people are allowed to have differing opinions! It would be a sad sad world if everyone were in lock step with... you!

Latest posts

Top Bottom