Finally going to San Antonio...but what to do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No suggestions on what TO do, but I highly suggest NOT taking a leak on The Alamo. I heard one dude did that and was banned from San Antonio for decades. 😁 😁
I seem to remember hearing that.
I want to say the justice of the peace was not amused and Asleep at the Wheel wrote a song about it.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Find the most run down, rusty corrugated tin roof weathered back woods Mexican place you can find with brand new pickups pulling horse trailers, (Texas Rangers) parked in the parking lot for great Mexican food. Be aware also while traveling down a street, the next intersection could be where the street gets its name changed to something else. I swear all the roads were built by drunk Mexicans.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Float the river with all the college girls.
Yes!
In New Braunfeld. On our way to S Tex to winter we stay at an RV park right under I/35 on the Guadelupe River. We were coming home one time around spring break and stayed there one night as a layover before moving on the next day.
There was one spot on the river beside the one we were staying at that was bigger than ours as it was next to the boat ramp. When checking in, we asked if we could stay there but was told it had a permanent reservation during spring break. Had been for years past and was reserved for many future years.
Story was a single guy that was getting along in years camped there and put up a sign that said, "Free can of beer to show me your boobs".
Guy that ran the park said he shows up with about 10 cases of beer and never left with a single beer.
That, my friends is American ingenuity!

Latest posts

Top Bottom