Finally going to start reloading.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spent the past year or so getting stuff together, finally finished up selling my house and moving, got most of the remodel done, and I think it’s time to get everything set up.

I’ll be hand priming, and my press is a Lyman T-Mag 2. I have an office that I could set up in, and I would like to use it. However, the old lady and I like to watch shows in the evening most nights. I wouldn’t mind being able to do some work in the living room. Is a small desk in the living room that I could set up a feasible option? What are some things I should consider when setting up my little area in the office?

I’m also open to proven 357mag carbine loads using 158gr or 180gr Hornady XTP hollow points.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can get something like this

https://www.natchezss.com/frankford-arsenal-portable-reloading-stand.html
And if you don't want to have to move your press back and forth, an inexpensive press like this

https://leeprecision.com/reloader-press.html
Or a hand press like this, although they are not nearly as quick and easy to use

https://leeprecision.com/breech-lock-hand-press.html
They'll all have limitations on how much pressure you can apply, but they'll work reasonably well (depriming won't be a problem). You can find better prices on any of them than my links, I just grabbed the first example I found for illustration.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spent the past year or so getting stuff together, finally finished up selling my house and moving, got most of the remodel done, and I think it’s time to get everything set up.

I’ll be hand priming, and my press is a Lyman T-Mag 2. I have an office that I could set up in, and I would like to use it. However, the old lady and I like to watch shows in the evening most nights. I wouldn’t mind being able to do some work in the living room. Is a small desk in the living room that I could set up a feasible option? What are some things I should consider when setting up my little area in the office?

I’m also open to proven 357mag carbine loads using 158gr or 180gr Hornady XTP hollow points.
I am much in the same boat. I have accumulated everything I need over the last year. Originally I was planning on setting everything up and learning while I was off for 3 months for heart surgery. I ended up not feeling as well as I hoped, so that did not happen
Now that I am back to 100% I am Looking to setup in my office and also would like a portable solution so i can continue to hang out with the wife most nights. Looking forward to seeing all the good ideas from those that have been there and done that.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I made a portable fold up press mount from plywood and a couple hinges and stuff.
I toss it in the front seat or back seat of the car and head to the range with it when I need to load a lot of test stuff.

I take it to deer camp and use it and have a table on the side to keep all my powder and bullets on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom