Finally got the virus, kept it out of my lungs...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife and I both tested positive, losing smell and taste. Hers came back in a month or so, my taste only came back over a year and a half later in a couple of days.
Zero symptoms.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have some crud right now, too. There is no telling if I have "it" or some other junk going around. Whatever it is, it's not as bad as the last time and worse than the first time. I didn't take anything extra this time because I seem to be getting better all on my own -- well "all on my own" with prenatal vitamins, a Monster drink (B vitamins) morning and afternoon, and drinking a TON of water. And of course, not taxing myself in any way ...

I have a co-worker who does not take care of himself who is also sick right now. Same age and symptoms as me BUT ... he is in MUCH worse shape. His cough is terrible. You can tell it has taken up residence in his lungs -- BAD. I'm worried about him. It would not surprise me in the least if he passes away from this. He sounds (and looks) THAT bad. Time will tell, I suppose.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been taking that and B12 since 2020. Daily dose. I have been exposed for two weeks, (wifey) had no shots, and still haven't had the Rona.
Same up until now that I was around family that had it several times and never got it. Now that I've had it, I'd say it is almost exactly like Influenza-A was for me. Except I think I'm recovering faster, but probably because i'm taking more stuff than I was when I had the flu (several years before rona came along). For me it was defintely more than a cold...now I can see why "they" were trying to use it; more infectious like a cold but makes you sick like the flu...jerks!
Wife and I both tested positive, losing smell and taste. Hers came back in a month or so, my taste only came back over a year and a half later in a couple of days.
Zero symptoms.
It is so weird how some get more sick than others...I'm sure genetics and initial viral load have a lot to do with it.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hope you make full recovery.

I got it in Oct. Not over it, yet.

+10 on the popsicle

My favorite is the Italian Ices.

Get a box of 6 for $1.25 @ Dollar Tree, to try. Exact same @ Sam's is 96 for $10.44

I been going through 3-4 a day all year.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hope you make full recovery.

I got it in Oct. Not over it, yet.

+10 on the popsicle

My favorite is the Italian Ices.

Get a box of 6 for $1.25 @ Dollar Tree, to try. Exact same @ Sam's is 96 for $10.44

I been going through 3-4 a day all year.
I've found ricola to be quite helpful...I used to hate them, but I've come to realize they actually work.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I spoke a little too soon, the start of the "lung phase" does seem to be delayed a week or so into the disease. I developed the standard "post viral cough syndrome" which many people get after a viral illness such corona or flu. However, it was slowly improving each day (less phlem & cough in the morning) for a coupe days after I was past the initial phase of the virus, and then one day I had trouble sleeping and didn't get to sleep until 4am and when I woke up, I had gone backwards based on increased symptoms (not sure if this would have happened anyway or a direct result of no sleep).

I hit it with extra strength mucinex and a z-pack and after 5 days the secondary upper respiratory infection that developed was over...now 3 weeks into the virus and 99% better with a tad of morning cough and non-infected crud to clear for a couple hours.

I can see whey people get in trouble with this virus...A bet a lot of them get a a secondary infection that turns into severe bronchitis or pneumonia that is caused by bacteria (common with flu too).

I used to wonder why some of the "non-conventional" voices in the whole debate were recommending antibiotics for a virus, but in addition to treating to prevent secondary infection, I've now learned that they might help through other pathways directly against the virus and the inflammation it also causes.

I never took steroids, but had them ready if it got bad enough (maybe most helpful for deeper chest infections?). I think these alternative voices that were recommending things including the z-pack and steroids, if given at the right time, were correct a lot of people could have been saved.

Just wanted to share MY experience in case it helps anyone; don't take any of this as medical advice, just my own experience. But I will be ready if there is ever a next time.

Last edited:

Lee Beaittie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife had it about 4 weeks ago, took 5 test over a 8 day period, and 2 urgent care, 1 ER, and 2 Dr visits to finally get a positive test. However she had a u.t.i at the same time, just getting back to normal for her late last week and was finally able to go to yoga tonight. I caught it the day they finally told her she was positive on a Sat. Sat night/ Sun wee hrs I had an up and down fever freezing to death, slept all day Sun, then Mon monring I was perfectly fine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom