Finally got to shoot some of my new guns... some thoughts.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Your picture appears to be with the ASR mount. Is the 7.1" length with or without that mount? If that's with the ASR mount, then an 8.5" barrel with the 9k would be just under 2" shorter than your pictured set up. If it's with the direct thread, then it would be even shorter.

Volmarr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes asr mount. If I direct thread it would be about a 1" less.
I would love to hear the difference between the omega and omega 9k. Mine got approved and the next week they announced the 9k. I probably still would have got it cause I wanted it for 300blk, 308, 556, & 762x39.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
The three rifle cans on my short list are the Omega, Omega 9k, and the Hybrid. The first thing I want to suppress is my .300 blk and 9mm handguns, so the 9K is at the top of the list right now; but I also have .223 ARs and a .243 that I'd like to run suppressed also.

Pliskin

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My AR would get 2-3" groups with that same ammo and a 4x scope. It's not accurate ammo. I never handloaded but a friend of mine loaded some 69gr Sierras and I got right about 1 MOA with those. Could probably do the same with the right factory loaded ammo. Spotting scopes are so nice for checking hits or else you just gotta run up to the target. Highly recommend buying a spotting scope when you can. BTW did I hear something about boobs? I like boobs.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Maybe I got lucky with my shield mags. I thought the 8th round was a bit difficult, but not more difficult than the 15th round in my HK mags. Then again, I also bought mine used. No clue about the round count but seems well broken in - maybe that's the key. I agree it should be addressed if it is an issue for that many people though.

On to the performance of the shield. I absolutely love mine. I bought it used with night sights. enough savings to add in an APEX trigger kit. It seems to fit my hands really well, as well as my 1911 just way different. I have large-ish hands (maybe it's the meat pattern). Then I found a great buy on a crimson trace laser guard for it. Have not shot it since I installed it but I thought it would be a nice addition especially at the right price. So in all I have the shield with factory night sights, apex trigger, and crimson trace with about $550 in it. I bought the shield and the VP9 on the same week and I like the VP9 but the shield blew me away.

Latest posts

Top Bottom