Finally had basketball homecoming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murphranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My daughter's basketball homecoming has been cancelled/postponed 3 times this year due to civid. Each time bringing lots of mixed feelings and disappointment. My oldest is a junior and was selected to be the candidate for her class last September so we got her a new dress to wear. She was rather pissed each time the game and week long school activities got cancelled. She is student council president so she was doing all the planning also.
Last night they finally got to have their game and coronation. I have to admit I had a lump in my throat when I saw her come out if the dressing room in that dress. Damn they grow up fast. My youngest is healing up from ankle and Achilles surgery faster than expected and it's been tough keeping her in nuetral.
The girls played a hard fought back and forth game and got a win over Medford. The gym hasn't seen this many people all season and it sure had sense of pride and community not felt in awhile also.
Very proud of both of these young ladues
20210115_180917.jpg
20210115_180932.jpg
20210115_183428.jpg

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Basketball and covid has been such an inconsistent deal. We've been fortunate and common sense prevailed in our area for the most part. Glad they got to play finally!

murphranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Basketball and covid has been such an inconsistent deal. We've been fortunate and common sense prevailed in our area for the most part. Glad they got to play finally!

They have been playing most of their games with only 1 parent or guardian allowed at home and would follow the away games school protocol for covid. They played a few Kansas teams that brought huge crowds to Shidler because this year in Kansas there were no spectators allowed at all in their gyms. The only time those parents got to see their kids play live and in person was at our school.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So cool!! Glad the kids finally got to play. I have friends whose daughter I've only got to see play in person once. The other game I saw was live-streamed.

I'll be glad when things calm down and everyone (but especially the kids) can go back to living their lives with a lot less stress.

Latest posts

Top Bottom