Finally joined the P365 club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ran across a killer deal on a regular Sig P365 and just couldn't say no. I had been holding out for the XL model, but this was too good to pass up. Just got back from running a quick 50 rounds through her, and all I can say is "where have you been all my life?"

It's small in all the right places and just big enough in all the right places that it shoots like a much larger pistol...only better, at least for me. Right after shooting the P365, I shot my EDC G26. It might have been the last time I ever shoot the G26, which is a great gun. I have decent sized hands and I could just get a full grip even with the flush fit 10-round magazine. The 12-rounder is still short enough that I'll probably carry with it.

Just ordered a DeSantis Mini Slide for it, and once that arrives it will assume EDC duty and the G26 may never leave the safe again. It's going to be great to have a relatively tiny 9mm EDC with 13 round capacity which I actually love to practice with.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't like the grip angle. Just like my Browning BDA 45. Too upright. I'll stick with the 1911 and XDM.

Grip angle drip dangle; I love the way the gun looks. I love that it’s a Sig. I love all the glowing reports here on OSA from guys who own em. But...it’s just too small for me. I can’t shoot it worth a damn. I can’t hit the floor with it unless I was to drop it. And that, folks, makes me sad, cause other than that I love the gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Don't like the grip angle. Just like my Browning BDA 45. Too upright. I'll stick with the 1911 and XDM.

Grip angle drip dangle; I love the way the gun looks. I love that it’s a Sig. I love all the glowing reports here on OSA from guys who own em. But...it’s just too small for me. I can’t shoot it worth a damn. I can’t hit the floor with it unless I was to drop it. And that, folks, makes me sad, cause other than that I love the gun.

Have you guys tried it with the 12 round mag? It makes a huge difference in feel and control.

CharlieWH2O

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

You may want to consider the 365 XL. I handled one at Tin Star in Weatherford today. It is a really nice piece and just a bit larger than the 365. It also has a straight trigger which is an improvement on an already great trigger, albeit light, trigger. I am thinking of putting one on the pistol which I just purchase (which has a manual safety). Having fired and/or carried a 1911 for nearly a half century I don't have a problem remembering the safety while clearing the holster but needed the peace of mind with such a small pistol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom