Finally powder coated 45acp loaded

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am going to see if I can try this.

Pretty simple. If you use the Harbor Freight powder coat, stick with the red. It is apparently the only one that coats properly when applied with this method. I know some guys who use the Eastwood powder coating, and they get splendid results.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I still have not shot them..I thought today I would have time to powder coat some more bullets.
Didn't happen Maybe tomorrow i will get some coated or this evening .
I have a meat loaf in the oven now. some deer and steer mixed in.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good info, I hadnt heard that. Maybe I will try the white instead.

I dont know who all uses it in their black but its something to check. Just for that reason I dont use black. It could be as easy as looking up the MSDS but I dont know. I havent heard of silica being in any other colors but I cant promise you it isnt.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been a long time since I did any powder coating and today I cast up 672 bullets with a 2 cavity mold.
Lee mold for 32-20 a .311" diameter bullet that weighs in at 100-104gr little round nose.
I stuck a bunch of them in the toaster oven 10 minutes ago.
I was shooting that little lead pill through a .308 and it is wonderful fun.
I also have a Marlin Ballard 32-20 that gets these shot out of it both guns get red dot powder from the same .3cc scooper.
I use 1/2 a scoop load in the 32-20 for mouse fart loads. that is 1gr.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So do I not really need to use the powder coating gun, with the gun being positively charged & the electrode being negatively charged like I would normally use it when coating any other metal part?
I just recently started powder coating my bullets. I use foil & place my bullets base down & then clip the negative electrode to the foil, press the button & spray the powder.
It has worked pretty good for me. They don't stick to the foil if there is no powder on the base of the bullet. Put some powder on the base of the bullet for total 100% coverage & the bullets won't come off without taking aluminum too.
So my bullets are covered except for on the base, but I see no problem with that cause the base doesn't touch the barrel.
I bought the Eastwood powder coating kit so I could coat certain auto parts whenever I need, & I just use the whole kit like normal when coating a batch of bullets.

Am I making more work for myself?

Latest posts

Top Bottom