Finally we're getting somewhere with tax reform

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh we are being served alright. A big ol fat one right up the six!
Congress is filled with rats that will eat their own if it suits them. Maybe we need to take the power of oversight of congress by congress. Revamp the house and senate rules and put the salaries, benefits and legal actions of members in a Grand Jury panel.
Billions have been paid to cover the disgusting actions of its members.
Congress is out of control and become part of the Royal ruling class and that's what the US was formed to guard against.
IMO

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now Rubio is holding back his vote on the conference version of the tax bill unless the refundable portion of the child tax credit is increased from $1,100....which means he is demanding that people who don’t pay taxes actually receive even more money back in their “return” (which isn’t a return because they paid zero intax). Meanwhile some higher middle class folks who actually pay a crap load of taxes might see an increase in taxes owed.

He’s a “conservative republican”? The world makes no sense.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now Rubio is holding back his vote on the conference version of the tax bill unless the refundable portion of the child tax credit is increased from $1,100....which means he is demanding that people who don’t pay taxes actually receive even more money back

Absolutely... and they say Democrats pander and give subsidies and entitlements for votes? What exactly is a tax credit that actually PAYS someone money to have children besides an entitlement?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now Rubio is holding back his vote on the conference version of the tax bill unless the refundable portion of the child tax credit is increased from $1,100....which means he is demanding that people who don’t pay taxes actually receive even more money back in their “return” (which isn’t a return because they paid zero intax). Meanwhile some higher middle class folks who actually pay a crap load of taxes might see an increase in taxes owed.

Think Cuba......

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

They raised it from $1100 to $1400 and Rubio is now onboard.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I "think" my personal tax bill is going to go up even more. <sigh>
About a week ago I hit a link to a "calculator" link posted on another forum. Who knows whether it was accurate (then or now), but it had me saving $1500 - $2000 a year. If that comes to pass I'll take it, but I consider it a first step and I'm not holding my breath waiting on the next. I'll agree that the proposed plan is downright pathetic compared to what was portrayed we'd get during the election campaign but until we get rid of Ryan, McConnell and their cohorts it's about all we can hope for.

Latest posts

Top Bottom