Finding owner of a locked iPhone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was told phones do not come with a user manual that tells you all this stuff. You just have to figure it out.

Another reason I will never own one.
Lets see I will spend over 100 bucks for an electronic device I have never had and you give me nothing to tell me how to use it.
UP YOURS!
I can't believe there are so many people with them though.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lets see I will spend over 100 bucks for an electronic device I have never had and you give me nothing to tell me how to use it.
Mine (Moto E) was on sale for $59.00 at Walmart about a month before Christmas. Plus tax of course...

They do come with a user manual, and lotsa folks post tips & workarounds on the internet.
:drunk2:

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer, but I’m on a pheasant hunt in KS, and one of the guys on the trip brought his 16 yo son, and he showed me a free app that hooked me up.

https://addtext.com/

Pretty basic, but it did what I needed.

Thank you anyway.
Younger folk usually know a lot of stuff about electronics that would boggle an older folks mind!

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the phone has a case on it, take the case off as i and many others i know put their business card behind the phone in the case. I do it hoping if an honest person find my lost phone they will look behind it and see my info.
I did that too but for a different reason. My case had a real loose fit so I used 3 business cards and 2 toothpicks in the case to make it fit tighter lol, never considered the idea that it may benefit me if the phone was lost.
Great idea!

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was told phones do not come with a user manual that tells you all this stuff. You just have to figure it out.

UP YOURS!
youtube is all the instructions anyone needs.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer, but I’m on a pheasant hunt in KS, and one of the guys on the trip brought his 16 yo son, and he showed me a free app that hooked me up.

https://addtext.com/

Pretty basic, but it did what I needed.

Thank you anyway.

Long shot here. You happen to be on a Pheasant hunt with a guy from CA that looks like Yosemite Sam? His name is Robin. Just curious

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

UP YOURS!
It's not just cell phones. A lot of electronics these days come with maybe one little foldout or a sheet of paper as "quick guide" to get you started and tell you, go to the company's website and download the full instruction manual.
I agree, what a load of crap.

Latest posts

Top Bottom