Finding the owners of abandoned property

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
How can I find the owners of abandoned/not used property? For example, there’s a neighborhood a few miles from my houses. The landscaping was done, roads and sidewalks paved, electrical and sewer service installed, but nothing was ever built. It’s been there for at least 5-10 years, everything is pretty well overgrown. There’s some gates blocking the entries, but no fences, and no signs. I would really like to be able to take the dog out adventuring, giving him a change from the walks in the neighborhood and trips to the dog park. Figure it would be best to ask for permission first. How can I go about this?

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How can I find the owners of abandoned/not used property? For example, there’s a neighborhood a few miles from my houses. The landscaping was done, roads and sidewalks paved, electrical and sewer service installed, but nothing was ever built. It’s been there for at least 5-10 years, everything is pretty well overgrown. There’s some gates blocking the entries, but no fences, and no signs. I would really like to be able to take the dog out adventuring, giving him a change from the walks in the neighborhood and trips to the dog park. Figure it would be best to ask for permission first. How can I go about this?

Oklahoma County
https://oklahomacounty.geocortex.co...gvh/virtualdirectory/Resources/Config/Default
Canadian County
https://property.spatialest.com/ok/canadian/#/
Cleveland County
https://property.spatialest.com/ok/cleveland/#/

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most counties have an online search feature based on address. Some have plat lines to show property lines I believe.

Gonna be difficult to find without any actual addresses, but I figure I just need to learn how to read the plats and stuff.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
It works pretty good for what it it. It's basically GIS information that anybody can get. But is sometimes more or less accurate depending on when it was updated. I wish they'd make a paid version that shows phone numbers too. Sometimes you just want to call a person.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
It works pretty good for what it it. It's basically GIS information that anybody can get. But is sometimes more or less accurate depending on when it was updated. I wish they'd make a paid version that shows phone numbers too. Sometimes you just want to call a person.
Hmmm the no phone numbers is a bit of a pain, that’s what I prefer. I can understand why they don’t though. Next year I’m looking to get a hunting dog and use the garmin collars, and the idea that the app is compatible is appealing. However, I do want the newest alpha 200i, partially because of the satellite communication. The onx stuff doesn’t work with it. So I dunno if I wanna go for Onx. I guess I’ll just have to do some more research or play with the free trial.

Latest posts

Top Bottom