Firearm Cleaning - Best practices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoolShi7Designer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you all for the opinions and advise.

I'm a bore snake guy myself, i've never seen any evidence that a patch gets anything cleaner that 2-3 pulls from the snake (and honestly, who doesn't love pulling their snake? lol.)
I've used Hoppes9 mostly because i keep getting free sample bottles from everywhere.
I'm going to check out the chamber brushes for sure, the barrel extension is the worst part of AR cleaning.
I put a superlative arms Gas piston on one of my AR's and its awesome, it was a bit of a pain in the butt to get tuned right, but it was my first rifle, my first AR and my first time working on my own stuff. (I fired it with the block apparently too closed and it actually made the gas block come loose and spin, I had to deepen the dimples a bit and reset it.)
I mainly asked because there is a bunch of stuff about being a gun guy I just kind of kept doing because it was the first thing i learned or was shown. Wanted to see what other were doing.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look up the Rogers Advanced Gun cleaning system by Bill Rogers of the well known Rogers Shooting school. It’s a water based cleaning system that doesn’t require patches for cleaning. The chemicals used are very low odor and not harsh on the skin. I recently made the switch and I’m very pleased with how well the system works.

Latest posts

Top Bottom