Firearm I wish would be made - pump action 9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish someone made a pump action 9mm.

16” barrel
Super simple and rugged
Quality wood furniture
Blued Steel receiver
Takes glock 10rd mags and up (no mag hanging down and bumping into things) or is tube fed

Very slim and handy around 5lbs
Exposed hammer

I think this would be the ideal “homesteader” rifle.

Forgot to mention bomb proof adjustable and replaceable open sights. Ships with any possible extra parts needed and can be worked on by anyone.

Uses as many common parts as possible. Such as 1911 hammer, sear firing pin and trigger parts

Last edited:

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a pump AR in .223

Thanks. I find that hideous beyond belief and if someone gave it to me I would refuse or sell it immediately! Haha I do like the Remington 7610 but I’m looking for more traditional/cowboy look and feel and 9mm for simplicity and cost. Polished blue. Wood. Something you might have leaned against the wall while you’re in your rocking chair on the porch enjoying a glass of whiskey. Something in between a lever action and a browning sa-22 in feel and looks.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish the IMI Timberwolf would be made again.
1640643366948.png

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think this would be the ideal “homesteader” rifle.
I think your right!

But have a different view of the weapon!

9mm bolt action stainless rifle made on a shortened version of the CZ527, 16.5" bbl, clip fed (double stacked) with a 5 or 7 round flush fit mag, and includes a 15 to 17 round mag too. Probably ought to make the mags the same as the cz75 mags! 🙂

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
No cigar, but in the same vein, you can get a marlin converted over to 10mm/40S&W or 45acp. It’s pricey, but I would love to have a lever gun in 10mm.
https://www.grizzlycustom.com/shop/
In my opinion, 38/.357 gives you the type of cartridge the rifles were designed to run, and equal to far better performance from the rifle than you would get from 9mm. There is just no incentive to go to a 9mm - the rifle would be the same; the performance would suffer. my understanding is that 9mm runs out of gas after 10-12” of barrel, so any gains from having a longer barrel are actually lost when you bump things up to 16” tubes.

with all this being said, I’m not opposed to the idea. I love having multiple platforms for the same cartridge.

Last edited:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love this idea as a thought exercise, but I could go either of two ways.

One way would be something slender, elegant, iron sighted and tube fed, like a very slightly upscaled Winchester Model 61 Hammerless:

winchester-61-pump-03-980x513.jpg

The other would be a reimagined "utility" rifle. Take a base platform along the lines of the Remington 572 Fieldmaster:

Limited-Production-1993-Remington-Model-572-Fieldmaster-22-Pump-Rifle-w-Factory-Tiger-Stripe-Maple-S_101078900_70986_E096CF9435D3B276.JPG

Then chop the tube off just past the end of the pump and cap it with a QD swivel socket. It looks like there's a perfect place to fit a detachable magazine:

Limited-Production-1993-Remington-Model-572-Fieldmaster-22-Pump-Rifle-w-Factory-Tiger-Stripe-Maple-S_101078900_70986_D16479219FB1545A.JPG

I'd opt for a blued metal magazine, say one chopped down to flush fit 5 rounds or so, and another one full size. Maybe High Power mags?

Now this last part might be controversial, but I'd do an integrally suppressed barrel with an effective 10" of barrel length and 6-7" of can for suppression.

gemtech_mist_dis_1200x800__49056.1614455586.jpg

That way it would be a one stamp gun and at a glance, be indistinguishable from say an 18" Remington 870 Wingmaster. Except I'd top it with a lightweight low power variable scope with BDC. Stoke it with Federal 150gr Syntech and it would be a light weight, whisper quiet pest eradicator and fun gun. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom