Firearm Lube upgrade time?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been shooting shotguns more often and creating some nice fouling. Currently using Ballistol as a cleaner and lube with Lucas Oil as an oil for small parts. Just curious to see what else new or old is out there that I haven't tried.

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been shooting shotguns more often and creating some nice fouling. Currently using Ballistol as a cleaner and lube with Lucas Oil as an oil for small parts. Just curious to see what else new or old is out there that I haven't tried.
This is the stuff I use on my hunting shotguns when we go to SD for Pheasant, usually run a snake and then apply a little bit of this to the moving internals and it does a damn good job. I've noticed when hunting in adverse conditions, especially sleet/freezing rain storms that have blown through while duck hunting that it doesn't seem to gum up/retain grit and such like others i have used in the past.

https://www.amazon.com/HOPPES-No-Lubricating-Oil-Bottle/dp/B0849H54B7

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
270323.jpg

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the stuff I use on my hunting shotguns when we go to SD for Pheasant, usually run a snake and then apply a little bit of this to the moving internals and it does a damn good job. I've noticed when hunting in adverse conditions, especially sleet/freezing rain storms that have blown through while duck hunting that it doesn't seem to gum up/retain grit and such like others i have used in the past.

https://www.amazon.com/HOPPES-No-Lubricating-Oil-Bottle/dp/B0849H54B7
I have on my bench right now. I don't think I have ever opened it, but will. Thanks

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I either use Ballistol or CLP, more often the CLP due to my wife not liking the smell of the Ballistol. My main difference is I use Swab Its for bore and action cleaning. They aren't the cheapest option, but they can be cleaned and reused. They just do a better job of grabbing crud than anything else I've tried.

Beau B

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use all the Lucas products (CLP, oil, gun grease) and have been really happy with them.
I used some of this Hoppes black recently on my 1911, it had quite a bit of built up grunge all over the frame and couldn’t believe how much nicer the gun was when I was done with it. I’d had the bottle for a while but that was my first time trying it.
81B06566-40B8-4409-8AC3-9D29904993F6.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom