Firearms insurance.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is the bad thing about bolting your safe to the floor...if a bad guy has a pry-bar and the safe don't move - more leverage for him, if the safe isn't bolted down he has to deal with finding a way to keep it stationary while he pry's - just something to think about, good for a nader, bad for a boogl'r

Once you get a safe on its back, it's easier to get more leverage on the door.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw a video a while back. It depends on the steel thickness. If the safe is 1/4” steel instead of the common thinner gauge doors, the pry bar won’t work. ( Not 100% sure about the 1/4”, as my memory isnt what it used to be).

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is the bad thing about bolting your safe to the floor...if a bad guy has a pry-bar and the safe don't move - more leverage for him, if the safe isn't bolted down he has to deal with finding a way to keep it stationary while he pry's - just something to think about, good for a nader, bad for a boogl'r
I’m guessing you aren’t familiar with Bear or Armor safes. Crow bars will not work with bear safes. The door steel is 1/4 inch plate. Not going to get a crow bar in. The door frame is square stock. The way the door locks is a recessed lock. Like I said. A torch is the easiest way in. Kind of hard to explain but they are not bad

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not bad is an understatement - I stopped in at Bear a few weeks ago and had a good long tour of their entire facility. They are the real deal. I would love to get one, someday I might be able to.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Crooks would just roll out a safe not bolted down. Also doesn’t fare well for tornados if not bolted down. People with pry bars don’t want them bolted down. You push them over onto the floor with the door up, so you can use all your body weight for prying.

bolt down your safes.

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I need to check with USAA. If I remember right we got a rider when starting our insurance with them.
Had all my guns stolen several years ago and the standard $5K coverage didn’t come close to covering the loss.

I have a Valuable Personal Property Rider with USAA for my firearms and related items and my late wife's jewelry. USAA is very reasonable and offers excellent customer service. I just need to drop the jewelry and move it to my safe deposit box at my bank and my premiums would go down substantially.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Valuable Personal Property Rider with USAA for my firearms and related items and my late wife's jewelry. USAA is very reasonable and offers excellent customer service. I just need to drop the jewelry and move it to my safe deposit box at my bank and my premiums would go down substantially.

I looked into USAA a few years back but wasn't eligible, in spite of my father's prior service (he was murdered when I was 4 or something). At least that was my understanding. I think it was because he never signed up for it way back when.

Latest posts

Top Bottom