Firearms insurance.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I looked into USAA a few years back but wasn't eligible, in spite of my father's prior service (he was murdered when I was 4 or something). At least that was my understanding. I think it was because he never signed up for it way back when.

Hmmmm, it wouldn't hurt to check again. I would think you'd be eligible.

Shottyshooter90

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m guessing you aren’t familiar with Bear or Armor safes. Crow bars will not work with bear safes. The door steel is 1/4 inch plate. Not going to get a crow bar in. The door frame is square stock. The way the door locks is a recessed lock. Like I said. A torch is the easiest way in. Kind of hard to explain but they are not bad

I wish I would have known about these two sooner. My first safe is a liberty, but I bought a Bear the second time around. They are built like no other.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is the pricing comparable to on Bear? I have been looking at Fort Knox safes, but had never heard of Bear before. I am ok with the key setup that Bear uses for some added simplicity without compromising security.

Shottyshooter90

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is the pricing comparable to on Bear? I have been looking at Fort Knox safes, but had never heard of Bear before. I am ok with the key setup that Bear uses for some added simplicity without compromising security.
They start around $1500, which is up there. But when you consider how much money you're stuffing in them it takes the edge off of it. I looked at the Armour Vaults as well, which are very nice safes too. I ended up going with the bear because if you ever want to trade up they give you the original purchase price of your trade in to go towards your new one. They are able to do this due to the ever rising cost of steel.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thats great to know, thank you! Fort Knox definitely isn't cheap either. I am worried more about fire than pro burglar level protection, but more steel is more heat sink as well.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve had a bear safe for years. They are freaking heavy and don’t win in the looks department. I’d buy it again. I bet their prices are crazy right now given steel prices.

Latest posts

Top Bottom