Firearms Sales Numbers for First 4 Months of 2021

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a couple of friends from the Chicago area that are gun enthusiast. According to them, the FOID is in the courts but not struck down yet.
My understanding (and I stand to be corrected on this) is that it was struck down by the trial court, but has been appealed, and is working its way through the appeals process.

I do recall hearing that Chicago's virtual ban on firearms ownership was struck down (maybe when Dana Loesch was on Jack Carr's Danger Close podcast last week? I know she talked about the guy who fought and won that in the courts), so it's probably not correct to exclude Chicagoans from the population of Illinois gun owners.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My understanding (and I stand to be corrected on this) is that it was struck down by the trial court, but has been appealed, and is working its way through the appeals process.

I do recall hearing that Chicago's virtual ban on firearms ownership was struck down (maybe when Dana Loesch was on Jack Carr's Danger Close podcast last week? I know she talked about the guy who fought and won that in the courts), so it's probably not correct to exclude Chicagoans from the population of Illinois gun owners.
I had to go look it up.
Yes, struck down but not dead. It's on the Illinois SC docket for review.
https://chicago.suntimes.com/2021/5...ois-supreme-court-downstate-webb-white-county

killerpigeon

Native off the Reservation
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got to say, these 2021 have been slow gun buying for me. Prime time was when they offered bonuses for each overtime shift about two years ago, that was 3-4 guns a month. But I also usually buy private sale.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't recall exactly where I saw it or I'd cite it here, but I either read or heard that the reason that Illinois's NICS check totals are so high is that the IL State Police runs multiple 4473s on FOID card holders--sometimes as often as daily. Therefore, if you only look at raw NICS figures, then Illinois will always be over reported in the statistics.

Elm Creek Smith

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought 2 this year, a Taurus PT-22 & a KelTec SU-16c. I traded a Ruger EC-9s to my grandson for his "It's too heavy!" Makarov PM. (It's not!)

The PT-22 filled an empty slot in my EDC bag to go along with my Henry AR-14 ver 0.5 in my "go bag." The SU16c replaced the Ruger Mini-14 I promised to my granddaughter when she was 14. She got out of the USMC thus year ona medical discharge w/80% disability.
20210224_234015.jpg
20210423_201242.jpg
20210423_202028.jpg

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
lefties were buying baby's first gun when evil drumpf was in office.

lots of places overstocked on this increased demand that wasn't going to hold.

now lots of stores are terribly overstocked and making great deals.

if you just wait, prices will keep coming down a bit until that inventory moves. especially on ammo. i have been buying guns, but i haven't bought any ammo outside of .22 since covid. i'm just simply not paying those prices; everyone should have done the same.

Latest posts

Top Bottom