Firearms Sales Numbers for First 4 Months of 2021

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ZERO gun stores in Chicago, you cannot even buy ammo there.....Very restrictive laws for guns, ammo.

...But they lead the state by murders ten fold.

Go Oklahoma and OSA !!!

That's why I'm having a hard time reconciling those Illinois numbers. That seems like a lot of background checks for them when removing Chicago. On quick internet search, Illinois would have 10 million people after pulling 3 million for Chicago. So 40% of their population bought a gun in the first 4 months of 2021? That would be impressive, but I'm skeptical.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is that correct? I thought it required a single firearm with each application?
My understanding is that as long as it’s in the same visit, you’re in the clear. Let’s say you order a pistol shipped to your FFL, and while you’re there you find that perfect Winchester 1886 you’ve been wanting sitting in the case. No need to fill out a separate 4473 to buy that beaut.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's why I'm having a hard time reconciling those Illinois numbers. That seems like a lot of background checks for them when removing Chicago. On quick internet search, Illinois would have 10 million people after pulling 3 million for Chicago. So 40% of their population bought a gun in the first 4 months of 2021? That would be impressive, but I'm skeptical.
Agreed, but what’s to prevent concerned chicagoans from leaving their communist county of residence to go buy a firearm and ammo?

BillPenn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So that's where they all went. There are a few more I would like to add to my collection. Unfortunately, at most retail locations the gun racks are about as bare as the ammo shelves. Makes it difficult when looking for specific items.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn’t the Illinois FOID recently get declared unconstitutional? Could be a lot of Illinoisians taking advantage of the brakes getting released.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn’t the Illinois FOID recently get declared unconstitutional? Could be a lot of Illinoisians taking advantage of the brakes getting released.

Could be, just still seems like a huge percentage vs the population there. But, if true, maybe they can get the crime rates down now. Of course it will be due to Biden's leadership, not the 4 million additional guns.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Could be, just still seems like a huge percentage vs the population there. But, if true, maybe they can get the crime rates down now. Of course it will be due to Biden's leadership, not the 4 million additional guns.
I don’t know if the brakes really have been released; I’ve just seen a few headlines about the FOID being struck down. It could also be that Illinois requires all purchases to go through NICS checks (again, not really giving a flip about Godforsaken Yankeeland, I haven’t researched it at all, so I don’t know, just theorizing).

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t know if the brakes really have been released; I’ve just seen a few headlines about the FOID being struck down. It could also be that Illinois requires all purchases to go through NICS checks (again, not really giving a flip about Godforsaken Yankeeland, I haven’t researched it at all, so I don’t know, just theorizing).
I have a couple of friends from the Chicago area that are gun enthusiast. According to them, the FOID is in the courts but not struck down yet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom