Fired 'Em All!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Coming from over a decade in oil and gas, I will assume the younger employees at these tech companies will have a tough time over the next few years. Most of them have joined the workforce in an industry that has been booming and growing at a breakneck pace. It harkens back to when I started at CHK and money and perks seemed to rain from the sky in the 2010s. The difference is when someone thinks a company owes them employment, or even worse, the CEO of a company should feel obligated to take a hit to keep staffing numbers above what the current market will support.

I think we have a weird mixture of views on employment from these younger generations. The generations before me seemed to sign on with a company and thats where they stayed until retirement unless there was some outside force that intervened. My generation isn't opposed to staying with one company, as long as there is plenty of room for growth and evolving levels of responsibility. That typically means we view our career based more on an industry than a single company. The younger generations seem to have a blend of the two where they expect the company to have a seat for them for as long as they want it, but are also willing to bail the moment a company doesnt take a public stance on some societal movement the employee thinks is important. It is a strange world, haha.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He lost me when he stated that he worked at Apple and Google prior to Tesla.
Quishon is just another entitled wussy who is under the impression the world owes him a living. I had already decided I couldn't care less as soon as I saw what he was whining about. Thousands of people have been laid-off, many with families who count on their income, but they weren't featured in an article because of it. The part about him having worked at Apple and Google did make perfect sense though and made his whole ordeal seem rather fitting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom