Fires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty big fire today west of Cheyenne, sounding like it ran right through a property we hunt on. Some people lost their home across the road as well. I plan to go out tomorrow and see if I can help the landowner, I'm betting he lost quite a bit of stuff, including fences, etc. I imagine the stand we just got built before season is gone, at least the wood, tin, etc. Bad deal that it was still going after dark. Lots of fires across the state today, hope everyone else has made it out OK!

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The landowner ended up making out pretty good, looked like he only lost one cow, and maybe a few old junk cars. No damage to any buildings or major equipment; he's a bit of a collector, has a lot of tractors, vehicles, trucks, farm and heavy equipment, etc. The folks across the road did lose their whole house, just 2 partial walls left standing. We dropped off some clothes my wife had with the woman before we left town, the woman is a teacher and their son is a junior in HS. My stand got missed by fire, which was the least of my concern, so glad the landowner got most of his stuff saved by a BUNCH of hardworking firemen. This state has a lot of great people that volunteer to put themselves in harms way every year fighting these wildfires, I hope any on here knows how much they are appreciated!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom