Firewood Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many many years ago dad worked for the power company and when the tree service would come in to trim he gave them free access to his property so they could dump their chips in some ravens we had on the place, but after 2 or 3 year of it the tree service company put a stop to it for some reason.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ask those cutting wood who they asked for permission or if they needed permission. I don't know if it's stealing or not but if it were a plum thicket or a batch of blackberries would you ask permission?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Many many years ago dad worked for the power company and when the tree service would come in to trim he gave them free access to his property so they could dump their chips in some ravens we had on the place, but after 2 or 3 year of it the tree service company put a stop to it for some reason.
Around here, Asplund will bring you all the wood chips you want until you tell them to quit.
I never wanted any. Seems like an invitation for termites.

Treemansam

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Around here, Asplund will bring you all the wood chips you want until you tell them to quit.
I never wanted any. Seems like an invitation for termites.
Térmites have to have solid logs because they have to be able to tunnel. I have about a hundred loads on the ground and it only gets crickets and they are seasonal.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you need some wood?
Every now and then I do.
I try and keep a good stack and right now I have a little o or 2 and I do not burn green wood as it soots up the chimney.

I was getting pine/fir cutoff's from a guy that built roof rafters.
Man that was a few good years of wood burning/heating the house.
I could burn for a week and NO ashes and HOT.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Every now and then I do.
I try and keep a good stack and right now I have a little o or 2 and I do not burn green wood as it soots up the chimney.

I was getting pine/fir cutoff's from a guy that built roof rafters.
Man that was a few good years of wood burning/heating the house.
I could burn for a week and NO ashes and HOT.
I'm burning drift wood that washed up to our fences during the great flood we went through three years ago. No bark so you can't tell what kind of tree it came from but it starts easy and burns hot. No coals though but it in the double barrel stove in the shop building. It warms up the shop faster than the propane central air unit does and it costs nothing but some time to cut.

Latest posts

Top Bottom